Introducing myself

Options
Hello all. I have just discovered this website and forums. I am a bit older than most of people here. But at 72 I hope to lose some weight to bring my BP down! My Doctor has been nagging at me for years to lose some weight, so perhaps this is the first step!

Replies

• kimberlychina3
    kimberlychina3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Nimulus!

I'm Sherry and this is my first day on myfitnesspal. I eat mostely veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds and a cup of grains a day and it has really helped me. So far I've lost 8 pounds in about a month. I try and walk a few days out of the week but really walking every day is essential. I'm 25 but maybe we can help one another. I feel healthy and am looking better already. I hope you reach your goal! God bless you!
  • Sgirl2014
    Sgirl2014 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name is Sonia. I am new here and I am scared. I am obese by medical terms. I am 28 and about 350 pounds at 6 feet. I am a BIG girl. I always began to walk but stop for whatever reason. I just read about the death of Manuel Uribe (World's Largest Human) and said to my self, "if I keep this up I got 20 more years or less before I die." But I am scared, I lack motivation and the funds and equipment to lose weight. For one I don't have a scale :embarassed: . I want to be the ideal weight for a 6 feet woman which is 180ish but it seems so far away. I am hoping I can get the tools and motivation from this site like so many others.
  • Hi I am a mom of two and I am ready to get my body back. I am new to MFP and would love to get support and advice let's be friends :)
  • Mimo59
    Mimo59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I still track my food via pen & paper and would really like to log via computer/iphone/ipad! I tried Weight Watchers and really like how easy it is to log. Unfortunately, I had a hard time with my choices and was slow to lose weight and stick with the plan. It seems the more I focus on food, the more I eat!! I'm about to turn 55 and I am very active but have a hard time losing about 40 lbs. I recently visited a dietician and she has me eat more protein, veggies, fruit and carbs(within reason & with protein) It seems to be working and more importantly, I feel better. I REALLY need support and suggestions to stick to it. Hoping I can find it through Message board.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    -Wayne Dyer

It's about moderation not deprivation. There are no good/bad foods, only bad eating habits. Do or do not, there is no try. You have to want it, you have to work for it, you have to realize that only you can do it.

Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • lalapaula
    lalapaula Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! keep logging your food! that is key!!!!:tongue:
  • sheliatheslim
    sheliatheslim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Sherry, Sonia, Mama and Grace
    It was nice to read your messages. I am sure we could help each other. Keep logging your food, that is the key as lalapaula said.
    Also you can log in the exercise you do and get some calories deducted! I am also on the 5:2 diet so it helps me count the calories on fast days and normal days. I am 13 stone 8lbs (190 lbs). I want to get to 11 stone at least. (154lbs) This seems a friendly forum and I am sure you will all do well. I have been writing down my calories but this is a more accurate way of doing it.
    I wish this had been around in my younger days!!!! Just one final word -You can do it!!!!! All the best from Nimulus (Sheila)
    P.S. Keep in touch
  • sheliatheslim
    sheliatheslim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Mimo, If I can help let me know.