Low Cal Pasta

Options
I absolutely love pasta. Does anyone have a recipe for a low calorie pasta meal?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    use spaghetti squash instead of noodles. This increases the nutritional value while lowering carbs and calories.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The problem is usually the pasta with the tons of calories. I try to select one that's whole grain or that has a lot of fiber in it. Then I just cut my portion size unless I need some extra carbs for the day or something.

I just got the 'Biggest Loser Family Cookbook' and it has a great recipe for spirals and meatballs. The meatballs are pretty good and there's a homemage marinara sauce that is low in sugar and low sodium.
  • katieandlilly
    katieandlilly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dreamfields pasta has low carbs, and is reasonable if you watch your portion size (3/4 cup dry is 190 calories, I assume this is about 1 cup prepared). If you have 2 cups of pasta (which is HUGE) with some ground turkey and pasta sauce you can get out of a HUGE spaghetti dinner for around 700 calories. They have a coupon on their website, too.
  • wildflower1968
    Options
    thanks everyone!!:)
  • minervasp73
    Options
    This is what I do:

Whole wheat shells, serving size is 3/4 cup uncooked. So I use 1/2 cup per serving, and cook until almost done.

ground chicken, herbs, onion - precooked and ready to measure in. I do about 2 ounces per serving.

use marinara sauce, cook everything together in a pot, and then serve up with about 1 tbsp parmesan cheese.

My husband and I LOVE this. 360 calories per serving.