Excuses

Options

Replies

• sws4420
    sws4420 Posts: 5
    Options
    That's the thing - I just don't know. It's only been a week, but I find it way easier to just not buy the junk. I've eaten more vegetables in the last week than I have in the last six months. Not bragging, just saying.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    "I don't like vegetables" - you're a grown damn adult. Find some you can deal with.

Yes, Seriously!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I can't not drink my calories, I'm addicted to pop/soda. (Brother in law)

I hate veggies. (My family loves them but our extended family must think they are poisonous.)

I lost the weight, my body adapted and can now eat whatever I want...I won't even gain a pound..(actually heard this one this weekend, if only it was true)

No time to eat healthy (really and apple takes so long to cook...wth)

Beer is very healthy, it has important grains (seriously, from my father in law)

I don't want to push food on my kids, he only likes nuggets w/ranch and candy.....really quit being lazy and cook the dang kids food and have some fruit and veggies around.

Eating out is cheaper....nope, no it is not especially the way that most of the people who say this eat.

In another thread....every excuse under the moon and then some more.

I only like organic, but it's too expensive so I just do without veggies and fruit (really I have been told this, wth)

Your kid is weird, she wanted a salad at the mall...the other grandkids wanted pizza, do you think she's sick. (Really!?!? From my mother in law)

How do you get your kids to eat that, mine won't even try it. (So when they were toddlers, your kids refused everything but pizza and chicken nuggets?)

I am not fat enough yet, waiting for a 30 bmi so I could get diet pills, I am only a 24 bmi now. ( no **** was told this this week)

That asparagus isn't healthy you put olive oil and garlic on it. Olive oil is grease. (Sad but true)

I am eating so little that I am gaining weight. ( the cure for starving children..awesome)

Fried food is fine if you drain it on a napkin first (all food is fine in moderation, but falsely claiming it isn't unhealthy is just silly)

Don't believe everything you see on the internet, it isn't calorie in vs calorie out....its all about you carbs avoid fruit also most protein is fattening, fat just stays as fat when you eat it......(can anyone tell me what macro is left!?!?,said by an in law)

I only eat 1200 calories a day and not losing...should I up my calories...diary potato chips =40 calories, bowl ice cream= 80 calories, salad with ranch and cheese on dinner plate= 120 calories, 2 deviled eggs w/real mayo & 2 eggs= 100 calories (really 2 hard boiled is 155 calories)........no you should use real math and weigh and record proper values.

I earned this snack, I burn 1000 calories in 30 minutes of heavy cleaning......No,No you did not...plus didn't you clean while you became fat...it isn't exercise unless you were previously bedridden.

Why don't you just eat as much as you want, your already married (wtf, sure my hubby would love that...heard this today)

Its too expensive is the one that kills me, really a huge tub of spinach salad at Sam's club costs $4, chips cost almost the same.

Not food, but my number one and two pet peeve regarding weight...
    Waiting on a parking space so you don't have to walk 50 feet, and you are not disabled, the worst is at the gym....really 50 feet will kill you. #2 is obese people using those motorized carts to shop, but then get up with their bags and march to their car.

Regarding lifting

Don't want to get bulky (from a female)

From a male....I get huge muscles quick, I don't want to have to buy new clothes next month ( all you guys struggling for those few lbs per year of muscle are jealous huh?)

You should not squat with a bar, your a female...try body weight. 3 sets of 50. (From the trainer at my gym....he can go F*** himself)

Just realized I know some screwed up people.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Just realized I know some screwed up people.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Last time I worked out, I was sore for days!

Ya think??
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Too tired.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    'This must just be my natural body type' - that one was me, proved myself wrong! :)

'My mother still cooks all my meals' - Seriously? Presumably everyone here is over 18, surely you can give mum a break from time to time and cook!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'm on my period. Yes, I will eat everything I want. And I'll eat you if you tell me to stop. I need my chocolate and pizza, and I like my chocolate and pizza.
    There. :smile:
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    "i don't have to calorie count. i just eat moderately and walk a bit"......... said a friend as a dig at me while they consumed the second over sized breakfast of the day and walking from the door to the car doesn't exactly count

the "i buy it for my kids" excuse pisses me off. if your eating it then its not for your kids is it

my daughter has several health conditions and disability's that cause her to be underweight, severely so if i don't keep an eye on her eating. i have to buy her fattening foods as per dietitians instructions plus medically prescribed shakes.
    the stuff is kept in a cupboard just for her and on one shelf of the fridge ive never touched any of her stuff not just because of my need to lose weight but because it would be taking away something that belongs to her

same with the biscuits i used to buy my partner. they were for him not me and as such i didn't touch them
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    "I hate cooking for one person". -Me

i often cook for just myself. what i actually do is cook for 4 and freeze 3 portions so if im out late/unwell/cant be arsed to cook i can just defrost a portion and heat it up
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

"I got kicked out of weight watchers for bringing a live goat in for snack time."

actually just made me lol at my desk...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    "i'm a real runner even though i just run on a treadmill."
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    "i'm a real runner even though i just run on a treadmill."

That's not really an excuse... That's just semantics.

They are still getting up and moving and making the effort.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    My favourite excuse lately has been "my family needs me right now, it's not appropriate to focus on me".

But really? I can't slip away for 30 min to get my exercise in? Am I REALLY that important? It's quite possible that my family would be better off without me hovering over them.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    "I'm on my period"

This is such a weak excuse and makes me mad every time I hear it.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My dog died.

Seriously, that was me. I bought two cases of full-sized candy bars to hand out for Halloween. I was going to return them because I ended up handing out toys instead. Then my dog died. I ate both cases all by myself.

That is 10000000% valid. :flowerforyou:
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    I'm on my period. Yes, I will eat everything I want. And I'll eat you if you tell me to stop.
    There. :smile:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

The one I used a lot this weekend: "La la la la la la la. Nope, don't want to think about that right now!" And "I had to eat the candy, my friend bought it for me."

Supernatural being on is also legit, however.
  • amirite333
    amirite333 Posts: 9
    Options
    "Oh I have to eat more calories otherwise my body will go into starvation mode!"

So all these obese people have been getting it wrong they should eat more not less to lose weight... right!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    "I'm really cutting back but I'm not losing so your calorie counting doesn't work.." - my husband as he consumes a giant hamburger and a plate of french fries..... washed down later with a large bowl of frosted flakes. One meal, btw.

"Logging my food is stupid and time consuming and you just obsess. I'm not going to obsess about this." Same man

"If you want me to stay on this, then you better make it interesting....." There is only so much I can do with chicken, bub. And you refuse to eat veggies at all.

I'm fine with him as he is. I love my big ole bear! But he's not happy with himself at all and he refuses to put forth any effort at all to change. On the bright side, I do all the shopping so he either gets on board soon or he starves.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    "If you want me to stay on this, then you better make it interesting....."

I hope you are going to use this line back on him.