Going over calories

Options
What do you do when you get in a habit of going over calories? How do i get back on track?

Replies

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    When i go too far over calories, i try to exercise more often or for a longer period of time. I also try to be mindful and take in fewer calories, but habits are hard to break. I find that seeing progress helps me stay on track, and when i consistently go over calories, exercising more helps a lot.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I cut back on the following couple of days, working on average weekly intake

Try and make excess the exception and not "habit"
  • thepezzle
    thepezzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If its been happening more regularly, I'd say just acknowledge it happened and pick it up the next day. Accept that you went over, that it may contribute to slower loss/maintenance for the week/month whatever and just pick it up tomorrow.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I pre log what I want to eat. That way I can see it in black and white before I actually eat it. It helps me not to go over
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you were tracking everything you ate during this period of going over I would also go back and take a look at your diary to see where you could switch things around but make sure you are proactive about getting yourself back at it the next day.