What is "typical" 1st week weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Some people lose more, some lose less. By losing it slower you're more likely to keep it off and know it's probably not just water weight ect. Just remember no matter how much you lose a week it's a loss and in the end it's about keeping that weight off.

3lbs is great for a start :)

Amen to the above.

My first week was 1-lb. It is absolutely about keeping it off. This 1 body has to last your for the rest of your life. Take Care to mind your nutrition. Slow and steady wins the race.

My goodness, I think it's time to post a new and improved picture of myself.
  • fattydarren
    Options
    In my first week I have lost 5lbs, and 1 inch......

Im not too fused about thge weight, as I know muscle ways more than fat etc.... I just want to see the waist inches drop..... because if that bad boy is getting smaller, then im getting slimmer... simple as that really!! Hahahah....
  • reikichris
    Options
    Am so happy someone asked this question. I was unsure if I was on target or not. Good luck everyone and keep up the good work!
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    My first week I lost about 3-4lbs and then lost steadily 1-2 pounds for several weeks.
    Then I was stuck for 3 weeks with no progress (ugh!)
    And then I lost a final 2.

And then it was Christmas.

Just keep plugging away at it! Slow and steady is generally regarded as the healthy way to take off weight, instead of crash-dieting, losing a ton of weight and then putting it all back on when you stop maintaining the diet (because seriously, who can?)
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 166 lbs I think I had loss of 4 lbs my first week. that was back in 2008 though.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Last week was my first week (weighed in on Saturday), and I lost 8lbs :)

It might of been water weight, I don't know. But I hope I keep losing.

And losing 3lbs isn't a bad start :)