What was your weight loss in a one month period?

jimennis
jimennis Posts: 80 Member
Just curious. Thanks!

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    When I first started, 6-8 pounds. Nowadays, if I'm really good, 1-2 pounds.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    About 4-6 lbs, throughout my weight loss.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    1-2 lbs only but happy with it because I am losing it rather than gaining them, lol.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    When I first started, 6-8 pounds. Nowadays, if I'm really good, 1-2 pounds.

Ditto.
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Month 1: 16
    Month 2: 15
    Month 3: 16 (today is my 90th day)

351 to 304 in 90 days. Got about 100 to go.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    478 day logging streak, 48lb lost. That's 1lb lost every 10 days, or 3lb/mo.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    My first month I lost close to 22lb. I was doing 1200 than upped my calories to a bit over 1500 and now I am averaging 3 1/2 to 4lb a month.
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Wow this is awesome!!! Great Job. I hope to be this successful. What keeps you motivated?
  • WonderWhitney11
    WonderWhitney11 Posts: 78 Member
    In the last month and a half or so, I'm down about 15 pounds. But i really ramped up my efforts by running 15+ miles per week, strength training once a week and tracking everything I eat. If I don't do all of these things, I'm lucky to lose anything in a month!

I also started going to a chiropractor at about the same time as starting all this, so that may be a factor as well but I'm not entirely sure. :)
  • lizpitts
    lizpitts Posts: 67 Member
    It was interesting to go back and look at this.

First month 10#
    Second Month 7#
    Third month 4#
    Fourth month 0# The scale just bounced up and down 2 pounds all month.
    Current month - I've started losing again but it's very slow. Probably due to a week of moving into a new house (a lot of eating out) and a 2 week vacation where I didn't have the ability to log my food or do my usual exercise.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    I went from 171 to 157 from October to November last year. I wouldn't recommend it. I was tired, weak and grouchy. I was hammering the gym and running whilst consuming a net of 1500-1700 a day. Too extreme.
  • autoee
    autoee Posts: 19 Member
    12lbs/month for the last 3 months. I had over 100lb to loose though when I started, so I'd expect my rate to be higher than others.
  • melnorwich
    melnorwich Posts: 60 Member
    Generally, i've been in the 1-2 lbs (if I'm lucky) camp too. For the last month, I've cleaned up my diet a lot and lost 5lbs, which is massive for me. I put it down to better nutrition and finally getting control over cravings.
  • jaecobb86
    jaecobb86 Posts: 25 Member
    I'm generally 1-3 pounds a month. When I started, I was at 5-6 pounds a month. I've been logging for almost two years and have in total lost over 80 pounds. I am noticing now more than before the inches are really coming off as this point, which I will gladly take over the pound some days of the week!
  • Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    In the past 4 weeks I've lost 12 pounds. But those are basically my first four weeks, so it's the "easiest" time to lose.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Jan - 4 kg (8.8 lbs)
    Feb - 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs)
    Mar - 1 kg (2.2 lbs)
    Apr - 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)
    May (as on 26th) - 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
  • detarrevo
    detarrevo Posts: 45
    My first month I lost about 8 pounds
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Amazing thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well 1st day back to logging - So I will tell you on (27/6/14)

I am aiming for 2lbs max a week

: )
  • TannerBoyl
    TannerBoyl Posts: 55 Member
    I've lost about 10lbs in the month of May. My goal is 1-2lbs a week. I hope to lose about 6-8lbs in June.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    My first six months, I lost 15lb a month.
    Last 3 months, I've averaged 5 lbs lost per month.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!