Slimming world buddies

Options
kirstiejess
kirstiejess Posts: 60 Member
So, ive decided to join slimming world. My first session will be next tuesday so this week, from today ive started to 'diet'. Basically cutting out the crap in a bid to maybe lose a few lbs before my first weigh in and also so my body wont be so shocked when i begin the eating plan.

I will be following the eating plan, however i wont be exceeding 1200 cals - which is very doable. I will also be starting the insanity workout next tuesday.

Had a massive meltdown last night after many failed attempts at adapting a healthier lifestyle in terms of what i eat and portion size & have woken up feeling a lot more positive. I figured i could use slimming world for the motivation and support and like the idea of weekly weigh ins.

Feel free to add me if you are also starting your journey and have similar stats to me. Would be great for the additional support and help from you.

SW : 10 stone 4 (27/5/2014)

Goal: anywhere around 8 stone to 8.7 stone by september 23rd (starting university).

Thanks guys xx

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    You should be eating more than 1200 calories if you're going to do Insanity. If you're net calories are too low, you may impede weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kirstiejess
    Options
    I know what my recommended calorie intake is, but i have been advised by a nutritionist that 1200 calories will be enough to sustain a reasonable weight loss; as i am a keen gym goer anyway, i will simply be using insanity as just a form of exercise.

I am aware i may gain a few lbs in muscle tone.
  • mjgrin
    mjgrin Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    1200 calories while doing the insanity workouts is not enough. You may lose weight at first, but your body is going to go into starvation mode and hold on to everything and you won't get the results you want. 1200 calories is the minimum amount of calories that your body needs to sustain and run itself. Anything less will hinder your overall weighloss efforts.
  • kirstiejess
    Options
    Im sorry but, if this is so, then why when i had an eating disorder and i only ate about 300 calories, while also working out all the time did i lose weight at an incredible pace??

It entirely depends on the individual.

While controlling what i eat (which will be mostly protein and un complex carbs) and also incorporating insanity workouts and also my regular exercises, i am 100% sure i will be winning. Along with my nutritionist.

I will not be 'starving' myself. As i said previously, im using insanity purely as a method of working out. I will not be relying soley ln this. Thanks for ur input though.