Wait.. what? Highest weight in years?

Options
2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I'll measure myself when Americans decide not to use inches and feet anymore.

I only have an American measuring tape and I'm sick of having to convert my measurements to centimeters.

:grumble:

:bigsmile:

My tape has both.

haha I live in Canada and prefer inches...mine has both too...US will never convert to metric system...ever...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so when was the last time you got on the scale?

honestly?

I mean you could have been this weight long before you started lifting weights if you haven't jumped on there in a while.

Ultimately if you feel like your body looks good- and you aren't buying new clothes- at 10 pounds you would start to be uncomfortable in your "skinny" jeans.

10-15 pounds typically translates to roughly 2 dress sizes.

Keep doing what you are doing- track more diligently and keep lifting. And don't panic.
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ^ This. And also, just for fun/add another twist, are you using the same scale you weighed in on before? Is said scale calibrated and level? There can be variations between scales...
  • running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's the same scale! But I just realized that I 'only' gained 6 and a half pounds.
    (sorry, I still suck at converting kilos and pounds, although it's so easy technically)

....that COULD be muscle mass mostly, in three months, right?

I honestly wish I could get my body fat measured somewhere but most gym don't offer that here unfortunately.

anyways. thanks guys. feeling better already!
  • adiesilver
    adiesilver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll measure myself when Americans decide not to use inches and feet anymore.

I only have an American measuring tape and I'm sick of having to convert my measurements to centimeters.

:grumble:

:bigsmile:

My tape has both.

My measuring tape has both, too. I don't think I've ever seen a tape that didn't have both, actually. Look for a seamstress measuring tape if you don't have one already, those are nice and soft/wrappable!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's the same scale! But I just realized that I 'only' gained 6 and a half pounds.
    (sorry, I still suck at converting kilos and pounds, although it's so easy technically)

....that COULD be muscle mass mostly, in three months, right?

I honestly wish I could get my body fat measured somewhere but most gym don't offer that here unfortunately.

anyways. thanks guys. feeling better already!

Highly unlikely. Even those that are actually trying to put on muscle mass have a hard time achieving that.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Your building muscle!!

Look at pictures of yourself from before, Do you look better now? Feel better now? Or back then?

I think get a body fat test done!

The scale isn't the best way to measure your success!

If your eating right, working out, SOD THE NUMBER : )

Go by how YOU feel & look
  • running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    yeaaaaahh, my back and arms actually look pretty defined now. and half a year ago I could barely do one push up and now I do like fifteen of those with clapping in between in one session. HAH. SUPER-WOMAN!

;D

Anyone else really into cross fit? That stuff is awesome. Makes you so freaking strong.

Stupid scale, I don't want to let those numbers irritate me anyways. As long as I look good naked, you know...
    :smokin:
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    yeaaaaahh, my back and arms actually look pretty defined now. and half a year ago I could barely do one push up and now I do like fifteen of those with clapping in between in one session. HAH. SUPER-WOMAN!

;D

Anyone else really into cross fit? That stuff is awesome. Makes you so freaking strong.

Stupid scale, I don't want to let those numbers irritate me anyways. As long as I look good naked, you know...

Strength gains =/= muscle gains. If you're not eating at a surplus and specifically training for muscle gain, it's not going to magically happen. it's incredibly difficult to intentionally put on muscle, let along accidentally add 6.5 pounds of it. Especially in 3 months of crossfit.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Just go run.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

;D

So definition = body fat loss

And as pointed out strength gains =/= muscle gains.

You can get stronger- and leaner.
    You can get bigger, and stronger- but you're going to get fatter.

Putting on appreciable muscle mass is extremely difficult for a woman and takes months of dedicated diet and really hard work.

Also- you aren't going to get swole from cross fit- you'll get a lot of things- but you aren't going to be putting on a lot of size with that type of workout.

Congrats on your recent strength accomplishments though- sounds like you've come a long way!