What was your weight loss in a one month period?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    I started MFP 35 days ago. 14 pounds and still getting stronger so majority fat loss.
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    have averaged around 6-7# per month
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    First six months or so was about 10 pounds on average, but I started at almost 300 pounds as a 5'1" woman. Now I'm averaging 5-6 pounds a month, and I'm at 175 pounds. As I get lower, I know that will slow down even more, and I'm okay with that - my goal is to go down, not go down at a certain rate. (though don't get me wrong, I'm hoping to keep 5-6 pounds a month for another several months because I want to get to the point where I've lost half my starting body weight by the two-year mark <g>)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    6lbs this month. Normally 4-8.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Six
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    When I was doing the "lose 5 pounds in ___(month)___" challenges on MFP, I was able to do 4-5 if I really kept on it. Generally, about 3-4 pounds a month if I'm good, and 0-2 if I'm anything less than that.

Good luck!
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    I have about 40lb to loose in total and for the last 2 months have averages 5lb per month. I'm delighted with this, as was previously struggling to loose any weight at all. Now I have consistent losses almost every week, which helps to keep me motivated. The only exercise I;m doing just now is walking (when the rain stops for long enough).
  • negator5543
    negator5543 Posts: 36
    Feb 22- Mar 22: 24lbs
    Mar 22- April 22: 12lbs
    April 22- May 22: 11lbs
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    My period normally makes me retain water so I don't lose any weight during that time.
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    I lose 4-5 lb a month.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    4 lbs:sad:
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    I used to lose 10# a month, now it's only about 4# a month.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    9 pounds last month and currently at 8 pounds this month... I am about 18 pounds from where I want to be so I am sure it will start to slow soon...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Which month? Weight loss isn't a linear thing....I lost much quicker early on when I had a good deal of fat on me. As I leaned out it became much slower...which is normal.

At the moment I've lost 3 actual Lbs in about 7 weeks which is right where I should be given my current BF% and intake.
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    March: 3.8 lb
    April: 4.4 lb

Somewhere between 1.1 and 1.2 lbs a week.
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    In my first month I lost 15 lbs. This is the first week of month 2. My goal was 2 pounds a week but I guess the change in my WHOLE lifestyle shocked my body during the first month. I don't expect to keep to keep this pace up.
  • machjas
    machjas Posts: 26 Member
    I started May 3rd, and I'm at about 15lbs lost so far. I weigh in on Fridays, actually kind of excited to see what it comes out to in a couple days. Too bad it has to slow down!
  • lrob98
    lrob98 Posts: 27 Member
    I signed up for MFP in mid-November (after a scary doctor's appointment.) However, I didn't start actively logging food & keeping track until mid-January. During the two month gap, I lost 13lbs. From there I lost 15lbs, 8lbs, 5lbs, and 5lbs each month. Looking at the rate I'm going for this month, I think I'll have another 5lb month. It feels like a healthy rate for me (making healthy changes, but not feeling deprived.)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    April 27th to May 27th = 15lbs
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    This thread makes me feel better! I felt like I was losing so slowly and I am being very cautious of my cals in and out.

Jan-March 10 pounds

Then about 1-3 pounds a month after the initial loss
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!