Insanity and Protein Shakes

Options
This is prob the 10 thousandth post about this but thought I would ask it anyhow. Im gonna do the insanity diet using meals that they suggest and also high protein meals with similar carb levels from other sources on the web and muscle food.com

They suggest 5 meals a day which i can get used to, the only thing is I want to substitute the 4th meal (afternoon snack) to a protein shake to give me optimum levels of carbs/protein for my workout which will be after work before my last meal.

I wanna know is this the best way of doing it? Shake instead of meal or do both with low carb protein drink instead for after the workout?
Thanks
Drew

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Just eat food...and whey is just food.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It's no better or worse than doing it using the specific meals listed in the Insanity nutrition guide. It'll probably save you money in the long run because the specific combination of foods you need to stick to the recipes outlined in the nutrition guide will run up your grocery bill a LOT.
  • clee4335
    clee4335 Posts: 9
    Options
    Yes, this is a great time to drink your shake because your muscles will absorb all the nutrients from the shake the best immediately after your workout. This is also good if your workout is early enough in the day to where you will be hungry enough to eat your last meal.
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    a shake is a fine meal relacement or an easy way to get protein on the go.....Make sure you buy a quality one not loaded with suger....I like Select Protein or precision engineering