breakfast ideas

Options
Ok I know this gets asked alot but I need some help. I need some new breakfast ideas, I usually eat a boiled egg and some oatmeal. I've been eating for about a week, and need some new ideas before I go shopping tonight.

Replies

• weddingslim
    Options
    I have dry porriage oats with a low fat yogurt and half a punnet of blueberries.... it healthy and yummy...
  • lleunig918
    lleunig918 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just found these online!

Mexican Cheddar Breakfast Burrito
    • 8" Tortilla
    • 1/2 Cup of Egg Beaters
    • 1 oz of low calorie shredded cheddar cheese
    • 2 tbsp of mild salsa

'Fast Food' Breakfast BurritoThis version tastes almost exactly like something that would be sold at a fast food chain. It has lots of flavor (is pretty salty) and delicious!
    • 8" Tortilla
    • 1/2 Cup of Egg Beaters
    • 1 oz of low calorie shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 1/2 teaspoon of Bacon Chive potato seasoning (cook the scrambled eggs with this seasoning. It's found in the prepared foods section at the grocery store.)

Ultra Cheesy Breakfast BurritoThe avocado in this recipe gives a great texture and taste that is similiar to cheese. When paird with mozzarella cheese, it gives you a very satisfying cheesy breakfast!
    • 8" Tortilla
    • 1/2 Cup of Egg Beaters
    • 1 oz of low calorie shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 3 avocado slices (about 1/8 of the avocado)
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of FiberOne original cereal with blueberries and raspberries on top in 1/2 cup skim milk OR skip the milk and put that with your favorite kind of yogurt.

I also like Ezekiel break or raisin english muffins with SF apple butter on it

Or egg beaters in a mug, mixed with chopped up peppers, onions, carrots, etc (I usually chop it up all in one night and keep it in the fridge)

hope that helps.
  • kimmerica01
    Options
    I always have a half of a piece of fruti with whatever I am eating. Like a 1/2 banana, orange, banana. When in season, I will change it up for berries.
  • JennaK
    JennaK Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love egg whites with salsa on an Ezekiel English muffin! yummm! :happy:
  • marykate1018
    Options
    Get the everything or plain bagel thins. They are great for breakfast and lunch. In the morning, I put either spray butter or a little cream cheese on mine--it's quick and easy. Also, you can make really good breakfast sandwiches with egg whites and low fat cheese. Yum.

For lunch, I usually make my sandwiches with the bagel thins. Turkey and cheese with some light mayo is delicious on them.
    :)
  • GiangIsFit
    GiangIsFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why dont you try some egg whites, spinach, Ezekeil 4:9 sprout toast. A good break down of complex carbs and protein. Enjoy
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    i do: steel cut oatmeal (more bang for your buck) with diced banana and cinnamon, egg white veggie omelets, shredded wheat or grape nuts with bananas or strawberries :bigsmile:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Special K Vanilla Almond w/ Vanilla Almond milk. (By the way Almond Milk is 10x better than Soy Milk)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Sliced Apple dipped in 1 TBS of melted peanut butter ~170 cals.
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    Why dont you try some egg whites, spinach, Ezekeil 4:9 sprout toast. A good break down of complex carbs and protein. Enjoy

LOVE Ezekeil 4:9 sprout toast no flour or sugar added :love:
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    2 of my favorite thngs to make for bkfast are eggwhites scrammbled with some low sodium diced ham, fat free feta cheesse and pico de galo on 45 cal slice sara lee bread toasted its so yummy and takes 5 min to make as well as its only about 230 cals. Also whole wheat low fat eggo waffle or english muffin with reduced fat, lower sugar jiffy peanut butter with sliced bananas. Both are very healthy and low cals
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    when Im feeling good and need to actually "eat" I like to eat egg burritos... scramble eggs, cut tomatoe and put in a whole wheat tortilla. or sometimes I just boil the eggs and put the egg whites only.

also i love me a bowl of bran flakes with a banana on the side :)
  • modelk
    modelk Posts: 15
    Options
    Egg whites throw in some spiniach and tomatos and lite cheese...really good also thomas has whole wheat bagel thins only 110 calories really good!!

Sometimes I have turkey bacon by butterbal it's only 30 calories for every 2 slices.....
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi! There are some great ides! Just remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I am a terrible cook, but I use a great meal suppliment and I add frozen fruit to it. I am full for hours!! Good luck!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I alternate between Oatmeal, Kraft Bagelfuls and homemade breakfast cups that I just nuke in the micro for 30 seconds and eat - they are delicious.

I got the breakfast cup recipe form someone here, it is:
    whole eggs or egg whites (whichever you prefer)
    Pepper
    Ham or sausage
    onion
    shredded cheese
    again you can add whatever you prefer, and I just make a big batch like I am making scrambled eggs and then pour into greased muffin tin (about half full) and bake in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Have fun grocery shopping!
  • sabell82
    Options
    switching the cream cheese to a Laughing Cow spread will save a bunch of calories and it tastes just as yummy :)

cream cheese- 1 serving (3 tbsp)- 100 calories
    LC Lgt Swiss- 1 serving (1 wedge) - 35 calories
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I don't think peanut butter toast was mentioned yet - with a banana. Yum.

I also really love grapefruit if you have the time to sit down and eat it.

Sometimes I just eat a bunch of blueberries/fruit.
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I alternate between:

1 large egg w/ a splash of 2% milk scrambled or eggbeater equiv. fried using butter flavor pan spray. One slice of American cheese melted on top. One slice of homemade wheat bread toasted and buttered.

and

1 banana or orange, 1- 6 oz. low-fat yogurt(Great Value vanilla or orange creme pie) and half of a Clif Bar.