Low Carb Ideas for Breakfast

Options
jackeroo83
jackeroo83 Posts: 32 Member
In recent past, I end up eating a lot of carbs, and based on advice from a trainer, I'd like to lower my overall carb intake and up my protein. Being someone that is used to eating cereal and turkey sandwiches every day, I'm looking for some ideas to mix things up and get better results.

Currently doing CrossFit three days a week, but don't want to go hardcore Paleo or no carb - just looking for better balance. What are your favorite things to eat for breakfast? Fav smoothie recipe? Eggs recipe? Thanks! :)

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    eggs and bacon?

more eggs?

and more bacon.

oh- and left overs.

I have chicken and veggies for breakfast all the time. (well- to be fair I don't eat breakfast till 1 in the afternoon so it's not so abnormal- but when I'm bulking- I still have left overs at 9 AM)
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped in bacon, with bacon on the side.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    In recent past, I end up eating a lot of carbs, and based on advice from a trainer, I'd like to lower my overall carb intake and up my protein. Being someone that is used to eating cereal and turkey sandwiches every day, I'm looking for some ideas to mix things up and get better results.

Currently doing CrossFit three days a week, but don't want to go hardcore Paleo or no carb - just looking for better balance. What are your favorite things to eat for breakfast? Fav smoothie recipe? Eggs recipe? Thanks! :)

Greek yogurt
    hard boiled eggs (or any kind of eggs)
    cottage cheese/ string cheese
    nuts
    protein shake
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Smoked fish - mackerel, salmon, trout. A few slices of tomatoes go well with this.

Greek yoghurt, with nuts, berries, flaxseed.

Cottage cheese.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options

Word!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

mai kind of person right here.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I eat deli ham, turkey or roast beef and sliced cheese wrapped around avocado. Sometimes I throw a hard boiled egg in there too. Protein shakes made with milk. Protein bars. Egg and veggie "muffins". Greek yogurt with honey and walnuts. Endless possibilities.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Scotch eggs
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options
    1/2 grapefruit
    hard boiled egg
    sauted veggies w/scrambled eggs
    Greek yogurt
    1/2 avocado
    (not all of these things together, pick 1 or two). :)
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    1 - 3/4 cup frozen berries + 1.25 cups unsweetened almond milk + handful of spinach + protein powder, blend, drink, done :)

2 - greek yogurt + peanut or almond butter

3 - egg "muffins" - whisk eggs together with seasoning, maybe some milk. Sautee some protein (chicken or turkey sausage or bacon) with some veggies (spinach, bell peppers, etc). Fill muffin cups with protein/veggie mixture, pour egg over top, top with cheese. Bake in oven o 375 until egg tops are "set". Done, breakfast for all week!

4 - Favorite lunch meat (I try to buy lower sodium) - either turkey or chicken or ham, layer a few slices, sauté until a little crispy, serve with fried egg over top!

5 - protein oatmeal - depending on how low carb you are going - you can do maybe a half serving of oats, mix with almond or regular milk and protein powder and 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, maybe one stevia packet, stir, leave in fridge overnight, ready to go in morning! if you can afford the carbs add a little fresh berries, maybe some chia seeds or flax for some extra fiber and good fats, cinnamon or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract for extra flavor..

6- low carb breakfast tortilla -
    get a low carb tortilla (lots of good ones out there), crisp in oven (broil for 1 min each side), top with 1/4 cup black beans, 2 over easy eggs, 2 tbsp. salsa, cheese or chorizo if you can afford the extra fat that day, little mexican breakfast pizza with proteins; yum!!!
  • jackeroo83
    Options
    Awesome! This is all very helpful. I think I get too hung up on what is stereotypical breakfast - I can definitely add in other proteins like chicken, etc.
  • jackeroo83
    Options

So delish! :)