Doing your hair after a morning or evening workout (ladies)

Options
Anyone else have hair trouble after a workout? It takes me like 30-45 mins to wash and blow-dry my hair after a really hectic workout. I see some women do their hair in 5 mins.

What's your experience like?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i take an extra 5-10 minutes in the shower when i wash my hair, and it takes 10 minutes max to blow dry... depends on the style i suppose.
  • MacGirlsAdventures
    MacGirlsAdventures Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym each morning and either swim for an hour or do an hour and half in the gym. I find it takes me 30 minutes to shower, do my hair, get dressed, do makeup etc. and get out the gym. I have really really thick shoulder length hair and find that it takes me 5-10 minutes to blow dry and style it. You can get a spray that helps speed up the drying process (KMS Quick Blow Dry is one I used in the past which was good), might be worth giving that a go if you're pressed for time?
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Batiste dry shampoo is my best friend. My morning workouts in the gym is weight lifting, so don't really sweat that much, which makes the hair styling easier. If I workout in the evenings or at home (two mornings per week) I have more time to wash and blowdry my hair. My hair is very thick and wavey so would never be able to wash, dry, and straighten my hair in the morning before work - I already get up 5.30am! If, when I workout out at the gym before work, my hair gets a little sweaty, I will use dry shampoo and style it, then wash it that evening after work.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    How many lucky ladies! I really need my time in the bathroom, so I used to skip lunch to have the time to shower before work... or miss on zzz time. In these days I workout at the weekend, yay!
    Dry shampoo is a life saver, but it doesn't do it for me after a proper sweat. Give it a go though..
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Batiste dry shampoo is my best friend. My morning workouts in the gym is weight lifting, so don't really sweat that much, which makes the hair styling easier. If I workout in the evenings or at home (two mornings per week) I have more time to wash and blowdry my hair. My hair is very thick and wavey so would never be able to wash, dry, and straighten my hair in the morning before work - I already get up 5.30am! If, when I workout out at the gym before work, my hair gets a little sweaty, I will use dry shampoo and style it, then wash it that evening after work.

Exactly this!!!
  • ehlanadriscoll
    Options
    Batiste dry shampoo is the best, and if I don't have a lot of time to straighten/curl it I usually just do a quick braid or bun. There are tons of tutorials on YouTube that usually show you how to do a quick and cute hairstyle.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Dry Shampoo is the key!

If i'm super sweaty I let my hair dry up a bit on its own and then blast it with the dry shampoo.

I live with this stuff in my purse, my gym bag, a bottle of it at work. Dont really know what I would do without it.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have thick curly hair, so detangling alone can take 10 minutes. I usually shower at night and when I do a full routine (hair and shaving) it'll take me 40 minutes.I don't always wash my hair/shave though so sometimes my showers take less time. Time in the morning depends on how hard I'm trying (0-20 minutes).
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    ururq.jpg

This. Too much drama on my head.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I shower, wash/rinse my hair and shake it out like a rockstar...then I drive to work with my windows down.

My hair is short, at the moment, so it gives me a beachy wave look. Yes, I'm gloating.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've got thick, long, and very thirsty hair. (my profile pic is old :)) If I sweat, I need to at least rinse it or it just is damp and yuck for like an hour. Unfortunately, a full dry takes about an hour and I don't have that kind of time so I towel dry and up in a not-professional-but-oh-well bun it goes.
  • brittanisjackson
    Options
    I totally understand, I'm still trying to figure out how to handle my hair on the daily.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    When its warm out, after workouts I wash my hair but comb it out, and 20 minutes later (or whenever I have to scoot out the door), I part my hair like usual, grab the lock of hair closest to my eye on right side of face, twist hair away from my face, adding more hair as I go around, and pin it up on the other side of my head. Repeat with other side, pin it up. Add some sturdy barettes or pins. It looks like a fancy twist but honestly its a "my hair is wet and I have no time" hairdo. Later in the day, after work, I can pull it down and its wavy and nice and clean :).
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Bump for more info about that dry shampoo...would it work for camping?
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Find a nice wide headband that won't slip and put it right at the start of your hairline after you pull your hair back, This is what I do and it helps with the sweat issue (at least for the hair that frames your face). I work out 4-5 times a week and wash my hair every other day, no products in between. I have fine, thick hair and this works for me.
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My hair comes almost to my butt (growing to donate). There is no such thing as "quick" with this unless I twirl it into a messy bun, lol.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I just wear a sweatband. I only shampoo every other week so the hair thing isn't a huge issue for me except on wash day. But I guess if you washed every day or something it could be a hassle.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

Works great for camping. 'dry' meaning you don't need water...it's basically a powder spray that soaks up oil and gives your hair (sometimes) a fresh/clean look/feel.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I always bring it camping. We go for 5+ days and it is so worthwhile to have.
  • emadelegale
    Options
    sounds like we have about the same hair type and i also only wash my hair every other day (every third day...eeek!) if i can help it. i have the headbands that are just cotton but about 2 in. wide. by the end of the workout i'm wearing them as a necklace - any suggestions on great headbands?