Cannot get Apple Straws anymore. Replacement Ideas?

Options
lilli5150
lilli5150 Posts: 13 Member
Sensible Portions Cinnamon Apple Straws
130 cal, 16 carbs for 1 oz (or 38 straws), 2 fiber.

This was my go-to item for a quick sweet snack, but my local stores suddenly stopped carrying them. I could buy them online I suppose, but to avoid all of that, I was wondering if others might have a favorite sweet treat that was in the same ballpark, calorie and carb wise. No idea will be declined! However, I do love cinnamon/apple flavors, so that would be a plus. Can't wait to hear your ideas, thanks in advance!

Replies

• RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Quaker cinnamon apple rice cakes? Those are pretty good! I think they are about 120 calories per serving.
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    do you have a trader joe's? They have ageneric of the same product. YUM!
  • lilli5150
    Options
    do you have a trader joe's? They have ageneric of the same product. YUM!

I don't have one super close, but I do go once a month to stock up on certain things. Good to know that they have something similar, I'll have to check it out! Thanks!
  • lilli5150
    Options
    Try android straws. They are cheaper and you can do a whole lot more with them.

Never heard of these, do you know what brand they are?
  • lilli5150
    Options
    Have you ever tried Quaker cinnamon apple rice cakes? Those are pretty good! I think they are about 120 calories per serving.

I do like these, but I prefer the mini's and they are more carbs :( The full size rice cakes just make me want more (I think it's a mental thing lol).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    Try android straws. They are cheaper and you can do a whole lot more with them.

:laugh:

OP, I'm fairly certain the Trader Joe's brand are the exactly the same as the one you can't get anymore. TJ sells brand name products under their own label.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/who-makes-trader-joes-food_n_2664899.html
  • lilli5150
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys, this helps me out a ton. ^.^