So ugly

Options

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'ld be so insecure if after awhile every guy I ever was with wouldn't get so tired of me.
    Is there a pattern to these guys? Maybe look in a different box altogether? There are fantastic specimens out there.

I agree here^^^^
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Get dressed up in one of your favorite outfits, go out and do something you like. Smile, visit with folks. Young women worry too much about how they look. Let the inner you shine. At your age the world is your oyster!

I think this is the best advice I have gotten. I haven't seen my friends a month. Maybe I do just need some girl time. <3 thank you !

Have a great time (but don't drink and drive) ;)
  • Jarahal
    Jarahal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Gone fishin'
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yes I still have days like that, but I have to tell myself it simply isnt true. You have to do the same.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I always feel ugly. It's been worse in the last few months since I've been out of work. It's hard to feel attractive when I rarely have the opportunity to put on "real" clothes and do my hair and makeup.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I always feel ugly. It's been worse in the last few months since I've been out of work. It's hard to feel attractive when I rarely have the opportunity to put on "real" clothes and do my hair and makeup.
    If it is important to you, why not make yourself look nice for yourself? I'd do those things every day, if I'd care enough about my appearance, should it mean that my day was a much better one. While it's nice to get recognition from others I suppose, mainly it's about how you feel. Right?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    We all have those days. Luckily, those thoughts are not true.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't feel good about me today either. But, I don't feel unworthy. My problem have not exercised since last Thursday. Over ate and drank way too many beers since then.
  • running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'ld be so insecure if after awhile every guy I ever was with wouldn't get so tired of me.
    Is there a pattern to these guys? Maybe look in a different box altogether? There are fantastic specimens out there.

I accidentally read 'there's fantastic sperm out there.'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To the OP: GO WORK OUT! Makes you feel pretty bad-*kitten* and about five pounds lighter afterwards ;D
    Then again. I love getting all sweaty, so maybe that's just a personal opinion.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

I accidentally read 'there's fantastic sperm out there.'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To the OP: GO WORK OUT! Makes you feel pretty bad-*kitten* and about five pounds lighter afterwards ;D
    Then again. I love getting all sweaty, so maybe that's just a personal opinion.
    Well, it's not entirely wrong. Fab sperm > Fab specimen.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    I just feel so ugly today. Do you ever have one of those days that no matter how many good pictures you take you feel so unworthy? Im starting to wish I was worthy. What do you do to get out of your funk?

You are a cutie!! Lift your spirit up, spend time with friends, or something you enjoy!
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I feel like this daily. This whole weight loss journey has been a huge battle in my mind. Trying to convince myself that I look as good as I feel. Also that I am worthy of feeling good.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have those days too. Especially now that I'm preggers and at that awkward stage where I just look fat & bloated, zitty, & too tired to wear makeup or care how I look. And then someone has to take pics and tag me in them, holy eff. You however my dear, you are not ugly :-)
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

Your sense of self worth should not be based on external factors; it has to come from within....easier said than done though.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

Your sense of self worth should not be based on external factors; it has to come from within....easier said than done though.

There is a lot of truth here.

Something I struggle with daily.
  • WLG1974
    WLG1974 Posts: 90
    Options
    You are NOT UGLY! STOP IT!! Just stop it right now!!
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    I do have those days a lot! I usually sulk. and eat chocolate. BUT THAT IS A BAD IDEA, do NOT DO THAT! You aren't ugly BTW, we all have those days. our hair doesn't lay right, part right comb straight etc. Our face is dry, oily or just flushed or swollen... Our clothes fit funny.... our skin is irritated by the sun, or the cold... ugh.

I usually on a positive note take a hot shower... avoid mirrors. and watch awesome inspirational weight loss vlogs on YOUTUBE
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are SO far from ugly. Everyone has these days though, just try to let it sink in that those feelings aren't even remotely justified and ride it out the best you can. Tomorrow is another day.
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a condition that makes me feel like not only am I ugly, but everything around me is too. My life is in the crapper, I'm fat, I have horrible skin, I'm raising my kids the wrong way, etc. The only thing that helps me is starting my period. If you start to notice a pattern that corresponds with your cycle, you might have PMDD too. (I know I sound like one of those silly pharmacist commercials!)

Anyway, the other thing that helps me is reading a book, watching a good movie, having a drink and sitting outside enjoying the weather, taking a walk, painting my nails, taking a long shower, etc. Spend some time doting on yourself and reassuring yourself that you are worthy.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Yeah. We all have those days. You'll look better tomorrow after sleeping.