kid friendly recipes

Options
s_hamm_08
s_hamm_08 Posts: 117 Member
Ok I have slacked in the department of getting my kids to eat healthy, my kids are really having a hard time with me making healthier choices. My mom was the same way with me and I have struggled so long with my weigh as an adult I didn't know how to eat healthy growing up when you wanted to lose weigh you went on extreme diets. I don't want that for my kids, I want them to grow up eating healthy. Anyone have some fun healthy kid meals?

Replies

• MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
  • jessicalhall85
    Options
    I make them eat what i eat. I switched to ground turkey I have made tacos, using fat free cheese, and we eat a lot of chicken too. At first they didnt like it, but over time they have gotten used to it and don't fight me! :) they will eat if they are hungry! good job for changing your eating habits for you and your kids!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping my habits rub off on my kids. They're not quite sure about these new eating habits, but they'll get used to it. I serve everyone the same thing. I am always looking for new recipes too, though.
  • Grandkidsrock
    Options
    Hi Jessicalhall85! I was looking at your post and your goals are almost exactly mine. I started at 215 and wanted to go to 150 but didn't think I could so chose the goal of 155. You did it!!! Why can't I go to the goal I really wanted? So i'm changing my goal thanks to you. It looks like you might have a grandbaby so I'm thinking you might be around my age??? I'm 53. That was my excuse for not setting that goal...Thank you for your post!
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I make them eat what i eat. I switched to ground turkey I have made tacos, using fat free cheese, and we eat a lot of chicken too. At first they didnt like it, but over time they have gotten used to it and don't fight me! :) they will eat if they are hungry! good job for changing your eating habits for you and your kids!

We do the same in our house. We all eat the same meal and they are used to it, however, their downfall is snacking. I've really changed what I buy and try to emphasis portion control. Our family rule is we don't eat out of the bag or box because you eat too much and a portion is what is listed on the box/bag. I've also started buying the prepackaged 100 cal snacks for them.
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    bump