Friday = pizza night!!

Options
MOMvsFOOD
MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
I think its a great way to end the work week. Check out my pizza recipe with whole wheat crust. You can choose lots of veggies and lean meat, and cut the cheese to make it even healthier.

I have 1-2 pieces max with a BIG green salad so I am still partaking, but not making pizza my whole meal.

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-is-friday-pizza-night.html

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking how much I was craving pizza. Except I want naughty Old Chicago and a few beers too.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    have you ever tried making a crust out of grated cauliflower, egg beaters and low fat mozzarella cheese? Not bad and saves a ton of calories and carbs.

Enjoy your pizza.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My guys and I have pizza every friday as well. Some people call it cheating - I call it a sanity break and a HUGE key in my success :bigsmile:
  • Zurichnee
    Zurichnee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    have you ever tried making a crust out of grated cauliflower, egg beaters and low fat mozzarella cheese? Not bad and saves a ton of calories and carbs.

Enjoy your pizza.

Never heard of this - sounds interesting!
  • FutureMrsWanland
    Options
    I'm having pizza and beer tonight too...it's a reward after being so good all week...right? RIGHT? That's my justification LOL
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I second the cauliflower pizza crust!
    I actually told my fiance I was doing this, and he said "That's disguisting! remember the time you tried to make mashed potatoes with cauliflower!" So, I did it anyway. I didn't tell anyone except him, and EVERYONE loved it, including my 8 year old PICKY stepson (who literally basks in corndogs, kraft mac and cheese, candy and loaded sugar cereals galore! at his mom's house). He literally couldn't tell the difference. I double the recipe and made two pizzas. I am actually making it next friday for pizza night. Heh, maybe even tonight too!!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm having pizza and beer tonight too...it's a reward after being so good all week...right? RIGHT? That's my justification LOL

Absolutely! I worked my butt off all week. If I don't ever reward myself I'll just quit. I havent eaten anything bad all week!
  • FutureMrsWanland
    Options
    I haven't eaten anything bad all week either - so cheers!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I second the cauliflower pizza crust!
    I actually told my fiance I was doing this, and he said "That's disguisting! remember the time you tried to make mashed potatoes with cauliflower!" So, I did it anyway. I didn't tell anyone except him, and EVERYONE loved it, including my 8 year old PICKY stepson (who literally basks in corndogs, kraft mac and cheese, candy and loaded sugar cereals galore! at his mom's house). He literally couldn't tell the difference. I double the recipe and made two pizzas. I am actually making it next friday for pizza night. Heh, maybe even tonight too!!!

Thats awesome. My huge goal in life is to keep my kids away from processed carbs and eating lots of healthy foods. How do you make it crusty though?
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Well, all of the pictures that I have seen, it looks "hand-held". I have only made it one time, I am making it tonight. I am going to try to bake it a little longer. It does crisp nicely, but, it still was too soft to pick up, so we ate it with forks. I think tonight, I will double the crust recipe, but, make only one pizza with it so it is a little thicker, it may be easier to hold, although, it will up the calories. I will let you know how it turns out.
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Ok, so..we just finished dinner.
    It was soooo good.
    Here is what I did:

*I steamed the cauliflower (using the steamer bags from ziploc)
    *I doubled everything and made one pizza
    *It was a lot more firm, and you could pretty much eat it while holding, but, I still used a fork :)
    *I used a cookie sheet, didn't fill the whole space and cut it into squares
    * I used turkey pepperoni, canned mushrooms and reg. mozz, because the ff mozz doesnt
    melt right.