Weight Loss Tips!!

Options
2»

Replies

• GlennTipton
    GlennTipton Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm just surprised she didn't try to sneak in some of her patented "Sugar Is The White Death" song and dance.

I'm pretty sure she didn't patent that song and dance.

Results are 80% diet so don't be in a rush and stick to the basics. Take a brisk walk. Find some hills to get your heart rate up and legs burning. Your body will tell you when you want more. Eventually you'll be counting the hours before your next class/session. But never forget the war is won in the kitchen.
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have been trying for so long to lose weight through various diet and I have finally found something I can work with. I will snack throughout the day on fruit, vegetables etc., and eat a nice sized meal for dinner. But where I am struggling at is exercise. Im not athletic and I can't go for long periods of time. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for me on some good way to lose weight at steady rate while including some easy simple exercises?

I don't think there is any confusion, but In case there is ,I noted that you stated that you are not athletic and cannot go for long periods of time. I suggested the Russian kettlebell for that very reason. It is CAPABLE of burning 1200 calories in an hour. That does not mean that you have to use it for an hour. (and that calories per hour was for one particular exercise) You can use it for 10 minutes if that is what is comfortable for you. The reason it burns so many calories is because it is used aerobically and aneorobically.

It is a great tool for someone like you because there is no impact on the joints whatsoever. You can use it anywhere, outside in the yard or in the privacy of your own home. It takes no space. It's a hand-held gym. There are so many incredible exercises. But you can stick with just one for now, if you chose. The swing, for example, is a phenomenal exercise and you don't even have to move your feet. Kettlebell training is less about lifting and more about moving. It is functional exercise, mimicking the movements you do all day long. Also, it packs on muscle, which burns calories for you 24 hours a day, even while you are sleeping. The list goes on and on and it's no wonder the Russian's kept it a secret for so long.

So that you can see for yourself, here is the science behind it reported by the American council on exercise. Of course, you would want to be sure you have proper form so that you don't hurt yourself just as you would if you were learning anything but you can get proper training in your area. http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/kettlebells012010.pdf

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have been trying for so long to lose weight through various diet and I have finally found something I can work with. I will snack throughout the day on fruit, vegetables etc., and eat a nice sized meal for dinner. But where I am struggling at is exercise. Im not athletic and I can't go for long periods of time. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for me on some good way to lose weight at steady rate while including some easy simple exercises?

The Russian Kettlebell is the only piece of equipment proven to burn 1200 calories in an hour! And it can be used jut about anywhere. You workout with half the amount of time you would with anything else and get twice the results. It is a full body workout. It does not isolate muscles. You don't just look strong; you are strong! It sets fat on fire!

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity Group
    Joanne, I am having a difficult time believing this. Can you please post your peer review showing this?

http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/kettlebells012010.pdf