Dragging My Family Into This....

Options
tanishabearr
tanishabearr Posts: 15 Member
I did it. Finally.:happy:
I've spent about 2 months working out daily, eating clean, even going vegetarian, and losing the weight I've slowly but surely gained. High school, college, moving, 9 animals, and work make life a bit difficult. I hate saying that cause it just sounds like a bloody excuse, which it WAS. Past tense. These past two months I've also gotten teased from my family- it's all done in good fun- and some people at school because "the new girl is trying too hard." Really mature, guys.

However it's so easy to just ignore them because I've lost over ten pounds. And I haven't done anything drastic. :bigsmile:

Still though- I managed to get my mom to go on a "health kick" and actually do daily workouts and not eat 5 cups of pasta for dinner (slight exaggeration) and got my dad back into daily workouts. Yoga, hoop dance, mountain biking, strength training, etc. In one day! All it took was me becoming the death of both of my parents for a small ride and some other small workouts. I did the small ride (5 miles) twice! If I can suffer through that and a sunburn for them when I also had a big day at work, I think it was worth a post!

This just goes to show how much influence you can have by leading with example- I didn't ask them to do anything. They took it upon themselves and absolutely hated me for about an hour afterwards but still! :heart:

Replies

• svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Way to GO on your 10 lbs and getting family involved. I wish I could get my husband on board. My sister tried to get healthier with me but the excitment has trailed off for her. :( Now she just asks me if things are healthy and then argues with my answers. It would make it much easier if they would get involved.
  • tanishabearr
    tanishabearr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you! And it really is easier- now I have more motivation and support, especially on days where I just wanna laze in my room. And my mom and I never had a really great relationship, but just today has been one of the most peaceful and least yell-y days I can remember! I didn't think us riding 5 miles and her swearing she despise me would cause that. :)

And maybe you'll just lull them into being healthier? I took over cooking for a bit and that's kinda what started them being more active and overall healthy. But I know my dad will never swear off meat haha!