Still loosing...

Options
Any advice welcome please, I set my maintenance weight at my then current weight of 10 st 6, and my calories were set at 1960, this was a month ago, I have kept to this amount except for weekends when I know I go over slightly, the only daily exercise I do is walking the dog, which I don't log or eat back, my current weight is 10 st 3, so I still seem to be loosing, I know weight can go up and down, but mine just seems to be going down, so my question is, if I upped my calories, I would be on more than the daily recommended intake of 2000, what maintenance calories are other women on, I am 5ft 11 by the way.

Replies

• otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    2000 is an estimate/average. Many factors will affect what YOUR actual TDEE is. Noticing straight away that you are taller than the average woman, it's likely your TDEE is higher. Edge up your intake until you find a balance.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and maintain eating around 2800 to 3000 calories a day.....I do weight training 3 days a week, and HIIT 2 to 3 days.
    I am not quite at my goal weight, but took a 6 month break after 3 years of eating at a deficit.
  • princessG12
    princessG12 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi there, with the help of this www.bit.ly/1iVzT3a you may maintain your weight this is very effective, many other women use this and it boost their healthy fit goddess body. so what are you waiting for. visit the web and watch the video, it will help you a lot i'm sure.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    As I enter my third year of maintenance, here is what works for me:

1) I found out the first year that my real "target weight" was 10 pounds below what the charts predicted (even the Dukan Diet calculator)...
    2) my "goal or target weight" is actually within a range of 5 pounds- 2 down, three up. But I do try to maintain in the middle of that range.
    3) I tried for like three decades to maintain my weight at ten pounds above where I have been for the last two years. It is easier to maintain at my current weight.

I have other friends who maintain at 10 pounds ABOVE their initial target or goal weight. I went to a performing arts Doctor to validate my weight range and fitness goals were sustainable, and healthy.

Besides calories in and calories out - my other daily fitness goals include getting 6-9 hours sleep, drinking my water, and making sure I do 15 to 30 minutes of yoga or barre3. The sleep is key.. I am a reformed non sleeper.

All this to say, everyone doesn't conform to a chart - try tp find your own "happy weight".
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Any advice welcome please, I set my maintenance weight at my then current weight of 10 st 6, and my calories were set at 1960, this was a month ago, I have kept to this amount except for weekends when I know I go over slightly, the only daily exercise I do is walking the dog, which I don't log or eat back, my current weight is 10 st 3, so I still seem to be loosing, I know weight can go up and down, but mine just seems to be going down, so my question is, if I upped my calories, I would be on more than the daily recommended intake of 2000, what maintenance calories are other women on, I am 5ft 11 by the way.

if you have lost 3lb in a month, adding 40 calories per day isnt going to make much difference. up your cals to 2200, and see what your weight does after 4-6 weeks.
  • debra154mfp
    debra154mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your advice, I suppose it is trial and error, and not to get obsessed with numbers!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Add some PB to your diet........ That should do the trick!!!!!!

I prefer crunchy : )

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your advice, I suppose it is trial and error, and not to get obsessed with numbers!

Yes it is...I am trying to find maitenance now myself...I think it's about 2100...so I've been slowly upping calories for the last month...started with 100 before I hit goal knowing I was close and the dreaded water weight happened..then I hit goal.

So I am still losing as well...but upping my calories slowly so that I can track what each increment does. Hoping to not be losing by First Day of summer.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am 8lbs off goal weight and following the same process increasing my cals per week slowly. I am still loosing weight but expect to level out in the next 6-8 weeks. Interesting I have just started using Fitbit and it estimates my cals should be around 2,500 per day. I look forward to reaching full maintenance. It is trial and error what works for one may not work for another.