what to do after going over a few days in a row?

Options
Hi all,

I was wondering what you all do in cases of eating over for a few days in a row? I have been over every day since the weekend, and am feeling really bad about it... but I was thinking if I should make a point to go below for the next few days?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Replies

• nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would have a few low days to even it out a bit. Dont beat yourself up about it just draw a line under it and move on. X
  • NadiaGH
    NadiaGH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    that sounds good, thank you!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,677 Member
    Options
    Just don't make it a habit.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym..
  • AnnBassham
    AnnBassham Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I sometimes go over because I just don't get enough food because I'm eating the wrong food. I have to go back to a good day in my diary where I met my goal but had plenty of food to eat. I love the MFP diary!
  • 86sarahb
    86sarahb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just go back to your regular calories, don't beat yourself up about it, sometimes we need a few days off to stop us from going crazy.

:smile:
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I go over regular at the weekends then just bring it back down to normal for the rest of the week
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I was wondering what you all do in cases of eating over for a few days in a row? I have been over every day since the weekend, and am feeling really bad about it... but I was thinking if I should make a point to go below for the next few days?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

go back as soon as you can, that's all there is to it, don't go eating the whole pizza box or the whole tub of ice cream coz you've stuff up anyway, go back on track as fast as you can.
  • joan23_us
    Options
    I go over regular at the weekends then just bring it back down to normal for the rest of the week

this! still seeing results and happy with my social life ;)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You don't feel bad, life happens, you logged it, it's done, now focus on meeting your goals. It's about consistency not perfection. Monday I was over by 900 calories, no big deal because in the long run those days are infrequent and will only cause a temporary bump in my otherwise downward weight trend.
  • joan23_us
    Options
    You don't feel bad, life happens, you logged it, it's done, now focus on meeting your goals. It's about consistency not perfection. Monday I was over by 900 calories, no big deal because in the long run those days are infrequent and will only cause a temporary bump in my otherwise downward weight trend.

+1 weight loss is not a straight line downward its actually a zig-zag downward line, so fluctuations will occur as long as the trend in the months to come is your losing weight not gaining ;)
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Resume your normal schedule and use your downfall as motivation.
    tumblr_mub4uorjGR1sjytyoo1_500.gif
  • kristinemaravilla
    Options
    Just because your dieting is not perfect doesn't mean you will not get results. So, just forget about it, don't beat yourself about it, and just move on to the next days and do your best to follow your diet
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    ^this. Don't try to be a perfect dieter because it aint happenin, sweetheart :) Remember, success is a not a straight line. You may end up going in circles for a bit but as long as you stay consistent the weight WILL fall off, guaranteed.
  • pantheman75
    pantheman75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I've learned ANYTHING over the last few months regarding losing weight, it's not about "falling down", it's ALL about how soon you "get back up". DON'T say "I've blown it the last few days so I'll start fresh next week"... write off the calorie overages as "my bad" and resume better choices ASAP.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Just climb back onto the wagon that ran you over...we all do it :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I go thru my diary for last couple of days to see what I am doing wrong (if anything, sometimes I overeat because I under ate the previous day and am famished). Then I try to prelog my food for so I know what I am eating to get me back on track.
  • Jimsmith109
    Jimsmith109 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't harp on the past what is done is done set your sights on tomorrow and start a new, plan your meals and proceed, remember failure to plan will lead to failure to act. I plan my meals and prepare them for the week so their is no distractions or temptation. remember move forward don't look backwards there is nothing good going to come from it. Good luck and go get it done.
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would make some extra time for the gym and focus more on keeping my calories at my goal for the next few days. Going over for a few days happens, so I try to not worry about it too much!
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just because your dieting is not perfect doesn't mean you will not get results. So, just forget about it, don't beat yourself about it, and just move on to the next days and do your best to follow your diet

This. And drink lots of water :)