Try mashed up, cooked cauliflower..
  • melly0907
    melly0907 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    sweet and spicy mustard !!
  • Sarahrahi
    Sarahrahi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Heinz Incredibly Light Mayo is quite nice with 60% less fat. (about 260 kcal to a 100 gms) I love mayo too. So once or twice a week I do indulge in a tablespoon of mayo to go with baked fish or salad. :) And yeah adding mustard helps with flavor, quantity and creaminess without adding any calories.
  • MsMojo_13
    MsMojo_13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Veganaise - tasty, lower in fat and has zero cholesterol and non GMO
  • uglycrying
    uglycrying Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have a Trader Joes near you, but if you do they sell a "reduced guilt" guacamole in their deli section that uses greek yogurt. It's light on cals and tastes great. I've used it in tuna sandwiches before. I've also used those Starkist (I think?) sandwich-ready tuna salad packets which run about 90 cals-- not bad, imo.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

^ That is just wrong :noway:
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Miracle Whip is an abomination (ducks).

I just use less mayo. Nothing beats the real thing (Hellman's/Best Foods) except of course, the real thing (homemade).
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I sure hope no one suggests mashed up cooked cauliflower :sick:

^ That is just wrong :noway:

:wink:
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm usually against any "substitution" foods and I typically opt for the real thing (except for PB2 - PB2 is my savior). However, I tried using plain fat free Greek yogurt in my tuna and it was pretty great - same/similar taste, less calories, and more protein. That's pretty much the only thing I use mayo on except for sub sandwiches, and I've used light mayo on those even before I started watching my calories. If I were to get a sub sandwich now, I'd get light mayo even if Greek yogurt was an option.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    On sandwiches, I like using a vinaigrette (salad dressing type). It's especially good when there are veggies on the sandwich (lettuce tomato cucumber etc).
    I've found no substitute for mayo that I like with tuna so I just use a bit less than usual if I'm worried about the calories.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I often use greek yogurt(drained) with lots of spices or Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale dip! Slammin with tuna or egg salad. Hubs loves it too on this sammies instead of mayo! SHocker!
  • npostemni
    npostemni Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The sad thing is I have cut my mayo use down by about 80%. I use it less often and I use less on everything but I still need quite a bit in order to eat and enjoy certain things. And I have no problem substituting things because I may enjoy the new way better.