Drinking Tomorrow Night

Options
Tomorrow is the NFL playoffs, I will be going out to watch the games. I know I can eat good but I am going to drink. Can anyone give me any tips on the best thing to drink? Thanks

Replies

• emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I love beer!!! Usually amber beers!!!

But when I go out and know I'm going to drink, I drink Coors Light. It's pretty low-cal. :bigsmile:

I just found this website, check it out and take a look for yourself. When I'm going to drink, I gear up with lots of water that day and stay hydrated the entire time.

http://www.wastedcalories.com/beercalories.html

Good to see you are from the "nati" - that is my old stompin grounds! :glasses:
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Simple things like rum and coke or a glass of wine or two. If you go for the wine consider red, there is 110 calories in five ounces. Stay away from mixed drinks. Hope I helped:-)
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    The amount of calories in alcohol is directly related to it's proof. See this page:

http://www.fitnessforweightloss.com/how-many-calories-are-in-alcohol-or-liquor/

I would suggest Captian/Diet Coke, or Gin/Tonic.
  • BriannaSkye
    Options
    Stick with light beer or if you like vodka I do something like vodka and crystal light!
  • NikkiGuess
    Options
    If you are not avoiding carbs go with light beer - vodka diet sprite or campagne are also low calorie options.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Since i'm a total lush when not restraining myself, I regularly use this tip from another MFP pal.

Alternate light beer with shots of whiskey (and a glass of water for me!)...the whiskey is only around 45 cals per shot, and you won't need that many beers!
  • cbevan
    cbevan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Most light beers are between 90 - 110 calories for a 12 oz bottle.

A 1.5 oz shot of hard liquor (vodka, tequila, gin) is about the same. If you want to have a "drink" instead of just a shot, you'll need to be careful about mixers - tonic is as high in calories as a full-sugar soda, and juices are high too.

And try to go slowly, because after the drinks lower your inhibitions, that plate of nachos starts to sound like a reasonable food selection!
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love beer!!! Usually amber beers!!!

But when I go out and know I'm going to drink, I drink Coors Light. It's pretty low-cal. :bigsmile:

I just found this website, check it out and take a look for yourself. When I'm going to drink, I gear up with lots of water that day and stay hydrated the entire time.

http://www.wastedcalories.com/beercalories.html

Good to see you are from the "nati" - that is my old stompin grounds! :glasses:

Thank you for posting this one! I really like this website.
  • emmyvera
    Options
    Sorry :ohwell:

I assumed that because you were a guy going to playoffs you would drink beer, not the case necessarily! :laugh: ???

Another good choice is vodka or gin and a diet tonic. These are my go-to cocktails.
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    vodka and water with a lime
  • cbevan
    cbevan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    the whiskey is only around 45 cals per shot, and you won't need that many beers!

Careful with this - the database here puts whiskey at 65 - 70 calories per oz, and a shot glass (jigger) holds 1.5 oz.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer girl. So its Michelob light (95 cals) or Coors light (105 cals) . Michelob light doesn't come with as much beer flavor, but I don't mind. Coors light is true to its flavor. I like to have a beer night every couple of weeks and have learned keep drinking your water! In between beers, suck down a glass of water! Its a bonus it helps with a hangover the next day. Eat good through the day and exercise tons, so you don't feel guilty about going out and having a good time. Also, I end up eating a really heavy breakfast the morning after I drink, so maybe plan out an idea of how your going to eat the next day.
  • jcan64
    jcan64 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yup, I love cincinnati, I just moved up here about 3 years ago. Bearcat fans get annoying though. Thanks for the Tips!
  • jyt2573
    jyt2573 Posts: 80
    Options
    I like to have a beer night every couple of weeks and have learned keep drinking your water! In between beers, suck down a glass of water! Its a bonus it helps with a hangover the next day.

Exactly! This is my favorite trick. I love beer, but the water in between really helps me moderate how much I actually drink.
  • emmyvera
    Options
    I'm a beer girl. So its Michelob light (95 cals) or Coors light (105 cals) . Michelob light doesn't come with as much beer flavor, but I don't mind. Coors light is true to its flavor. I like to have a beer night every couple of weeks and have learned keep drinking your water! In between beers, suck down a glass of water! Its a bonus it helps with a hangover the next day. Eat good through the day and exercise tons, so you don't feel guilty about going out and having a good time. Also, I end up eating a really heavy breakfast the morning after I drink, so maybe plan out an idea of how your going to eat the next day.

This girl has got it down! :laugh: I'm sending you a request! :smile:
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    tough one bro! i usually have a scotch or vodka on the rocks or a jack and club soda...that way i'm just sipping my drink and it'll last me a good portion of the night...when it comes to beer, well, as little as possible, and if you're going to have more than one, i usually drink a bottled water in between.
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just a thought. Gin and Tonic for football playoffs ? Be prepared for the comments.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Gin and Club Soda about 80 calories.
  • MrX8503
    MrX8503 Posts: 67
    Options
    Light beer is the way to go.

It doesn't really matter how you cut it, a drink of alcohol comes out to about 100 calories.