Finding Time

Options
How do you find time to exercise? I started a new business, and I feel like my days are always taken up..... How do you find time???
Thanks in advance

Replies

• sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Arnold says ...sleep 6 hours....you have 18 hours to accomplish your goals...I find 5 to 6 am is best for me. nothing else going on at that time besides sleep
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't find time..I make time. It is a priority in my life, stress reliever and all around general thing I enjoy.

It's 4pm here now..I am at work...

Going home eat some dinner wait a while for food to settle then I am hitting the weights..

end of discussion...
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I work full time and have 3 young children. I get up at 5:30 on work days to get a 30 min work out done (usually weights, sometimes quick cardio), and then I walk 4-6 miles on my off days.

Exercising in the evenings is just not an option for me, nor is during lunch, but others will do that instead.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If you want to make the time, you'll find it. Working mom with a long commute, so 4am daily is where it's at for me. And Saturday mornings when it's off season for the kids, or any other time I can squeeze in a ride or a workout.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I don't find time..I make time. It is a priority in my life, stress reliever and all around general thing I enjoy.

Going home eat some dinner wait a while for food to settle then I am hitting the weights..

end of discussion...

You beat me to it!!!

I have the HARDEST time getting up in the am...but because I'd like my nights semi free I get up at 430 am, gym by 5, lift all the heavy things Mon/Wed/Fri, then shower and off to work. I add kickboxing in on other nights/weekends.

You make a decision. Then you make that decision again and keep doing it until it's routine.
  • aj7x
    aj7x Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Make it a priority. My workouts change daily because of my hectic schedule (teacher) but I always find time. Sometimes that means a bright and early 7am run and sometimes that means a 10pm gym session. If it is important enough for you, you will make it happen.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

end of discussion...
    I agree.
    You MAKE time.

My usual workouts are around 5am as I work one job at 6am and start my FT job at 9am.

People always complain they dont have time, but a vast majority of them just dont make the time because exercise is not a priority.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You have to make the time. If you want it bad enough, you'll find the time. I used to think that if I didn't get up and workout in the morning, I had to skip it.

Now I do mostly evening workouts. I cut out TV and bam, 2 -3 hours of time I could workout. I don't make excuses anymore, I just get it done.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Sugar, I've got two kids that I homeschool, a house to keep, all accounting for our small business to do and I run a non-profit organization that I founded. You make the time. It's a priority, just like showering, brushing your teeth, etc.
  • tinkystyle
    tinkystyle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the same way as you, op. But, I have changed my mindset to make time every day to be active. Some days it isn't a full-on workout, but I will at least walk during my 2 15 minute breaks at work, and walk my dogs at least one mile at night.

Since the weather has gotten nicer and I want to play in my garden in the evenings, I've been waking up at 4:30 am to exercise. I plan out my workout and put out my iPod, clothes, shoes, and towel, and put my water bottle in fridge the night before. I get up, get dressed, and exercise until 5:30. I shower up, get ready and leave my house by 6:20 in order to get to work for 7.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You have to make the time. If you want it bad enough, you'll find the time. I used to think that if I didn't get up and workout in the morning, I had to skip it.

Now I do mostly evening workouts. I cut out TV and bam, 2 -3 hours of time I could workout. I don't make excuses anymore, I just get it done.
    Funny you say that about TV.

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it can be hard. you've started a business, and if it's like any small business that i've been a part of, as the owner you are the manager, accountant, quality control officer, HR, etc etc.

but many small business owners i know take time to themselves. they exercise before or after they open the shop. or they take an hour during the day to hit the gym leaving the store in the hands of his employees.

you can make it happen.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Funny you say that about TV.

We shut ours off too. It can be a time waster I think. Now we are all much more active. All those hours of chilling on the couch add up!
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    For me....5:30 am. I realized that if I don't do it in the mornings, I wont work out at all. Yeah at first it sucked so hard getting up early but after a couple of weeks I got used to it.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    We were just talking about this today when my sister said she would love to exercise but just doesn't have time. She also said she went to the cinema twice last week, went to a concert, visited friends, watched a few DVDs, watched all her favourite TV programs. Walked round the shops all Saturday, went out for the day with us on Sunday.....

Fine if she wants to prioritise everything over the gym, but can't complain that she doesn't have time
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said, you make it a priority. Just this morning my mom asked me how I was going to help my son move this coming Saturday if I was at the gym all morning. My first response was, "he will have to wait until I get home".
    (Not that they gym takes more than 90 minutes including the drive)
    But that mindset is new to me too, he will have to wait, I come first!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    By the way - if I spent as much time exercising as I do reading about it on here then I would be on the front cover of 'Men's Fitness' by now!
  • akaiookami
    akaiookami Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have always been the 'roll out of bed with JUST enough time to shower and dress and drive to work' kind of person. However, now that I'm committed to improving my health, I get up at 5:30am to workout M-F. I have found that working out at home when everyone is sleeping is MUCH less stressful for me despite the timing going against my nature. Its important to me and I just make it happen. On days when something happens and I can NOT doit at that time or I maybe had a less productive workout, I do little exercises throughout my day at my desk. Also- if you like to workout at home and perhaps have an unpredictable schedule, www.fitnessblender.com can be helpful. A huge variety of workouts for different levels and durations.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Find ways to sneak it in. Do bulgarian split squats on the bathtub while you brush your teeth. Jumping jacks while waiting for the teakettle to boil. Take the stairs, park at the back of the parking lot. I also keep several sets of dumbbells in my main room and try to throw in a few reps of whatever's on my program every time I walk by them. You don' t HAVE to do your workout all at once and carve out a huge chunk of time. A little bit here and there will do. Lift while you watch tv, squat while you clean. Make a list of the moves you want to do, then take a hard look at your daily routine and think about where you could naturally stick them in. Good luck!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    The same way you found time to start your business is the way you find time to exercise. Your business isn't going to fold because you take 20-30 minutes a day to exercise. You have to make it a priority.