Finding Time

Options
2»

Replies

• thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You have to make the time. If you want it bad enough, you'll find the time. I used to think that if I didn't get up and workout in the morning, I had to skip it.

Now I do mostly evening workouts. I cut out TV and bam, 2 -3 hours of time I could workout. I don't make excuses anymore, I just get it done.
    Funny you say that about TV.

We shut ours off too. It can be a time waster I think. Now we are all much more active. All those hours of chilling on the couch add up!
    It took me like two evenings to get over the "shock". Most times turning on the TV was just a habit, something in the background and then it would be flipping through to see what is on, etc.
    Now I have a radio on in the background and instead of watching a baseball game for a few hours, i listen to it while i do whatever.

I do usually put dvd of a show or movie at bed time though. Figured that isnt a big deal because it was th time I was in bed anyways.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    My work out days are Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I'm lucky that on Mon and Wed I work at home, therefore I lift on my lunch hour. Thursday, I lift after work. Sundays, I lift whenever. Are those days set in stone? No, but they seem to work best for me.

For reference, I'm a single parent to 3 kids with a full time job. I have to make it happen or it won't happen.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    An hour is 4% of your day. Set aside the time, make it happen, and bust *kitten* doing it. Results guaranteed!
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You have to make the time. If you want it bad enough, you'll find the time. I used to think that if I didn't get up and workout in the morning, I had to skip it.

Now I do mostly evening workouts. I cut out TV and bam, 2 -3 hours of time I could workout. I don't make excuses anymore, I just get it done.
    Funny you say that about TV.

We shut ours off too. It can be a time waster I think. Now we are all much more active. All those hours of chilling on the couch add up!
    It took me like two evenings to get over the "shock". Most times turning on the TV was just a habit, something in the background and then it would be flipping through to see what is on, etc.
    Now I have a radio on in the background and instead of watching a baseball game for a few hours, i listen to it while i do whatever.

I do usually put dvd of a show or movie at bed time though. Figured that isnt a big deal because it was th time I was in bed anyways.

I think it's been harder on the kids but they are getting used it. We are putting up our pool this year so I told them either cable or the pool... I'm glad they picked the pool!
  • GodivaMuahzz
    Options
    Thanks, guys, Maybe i'l look into morning workouts.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what kind of business did you start?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    30-45 minutes 5 days a week. It's not that hard and it can be cumulative.

I run three days a week and then do Calisthenics (push-ups, pull-ups, bodyweight squats, leg lifts, bridges) three days a week.
  • GodivaMuahzz
    Options
    I'm a event planner with a expo this weekend on top of my full time job, i'll try and do some squats and ab workout when im do running around each day. hopefully after the expo, i I can hit the gym.
  • GodivaMuahzz
    Options
    I'm a event planner with a expo this weekend on top of my full time job, i'll try and do some squats and ab workout when im done running around each day. hopefully after the expo, i I can hit the gym.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You'll Never "find" time.

You have to MAKE time for it.

Its a challenge for most people, but if you want something enough you'll make it happen.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm a event planner with a expo this weekend on top of my full time job, i'll try and do some squats and ab workout when im done running around each day. hopefully after the expo, i I can hit the gym.

If you can grab 5 minutes, run the stairs.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Basically what everyone else said....make it a priority.

I generally work out over the noon hour for a few reasons:

1. I already get up at 5:30 for work, don't want to get up earlier.
    2. My kids are always busy with activities after school.
    3. It forces me to bring something from home for lunch that I can eat at my desk (presumably something healthier than picking up some fast food or going out to eat every day for lunch)
    4. My gym is incredibly quiet (since everyone else seems to work out before or after work) so I can get it, do my thing, and get out relatively quickly.