Good no carb recipes or meals?

Options
Anyone know any good no carb recipes or meals i can make trying to cut out carbs? :)

Replies

• ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Out of interest is there a medical reason you're cutting carbs?
  • ShonaaSt
    ShonaaSt Posts: 1
    Options
    Ricotta Cheese?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • jameylynnlewis
    Options
    try spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti. I love it with spaghetti sauce, alfredo or olive oil and seasonings.
  • OliviaPixieMay
    Options
    No just wana loose abit but mainly tone up reallly so juat cutting out/cutting down alot on carbs
  • OliviaPixieMay
    Options
    how do you make that? haha
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    NO carbs? That's gonna be tough. Basically, you can eat meat.
    But if you're just looking to eat fewer carbs, having smaller portions of grains and pasta is one solution. I used to feel like a serving of pasta meant a bowl full. Now I realize it has to be much less. Many times, I don't even have a "carb" with lunch or dinner. I include lots of veggies though! and those contain carbs too (that's why zero carb would be near impossible), just not as high as breads, pasta and grains. Watch out for SOME veggies though, that have more carbs, like potatos, peas, corn. Good for you, but watch portion sizes.
    I also use whole grain wraps and pitas that are lower carb/higher protein than most standard products. I've learned to spend lots of time in the grocery store comparing labels!

I don't do "low carb" but sometimes I'd just rather have some tortilla chips or popcorn as a snack, and then skip the rice with dinner to balance that out.
  • OliviaPixieMay
    Options
    Thankyou that was helpful i wonr cut alll carbs out just cut down on them juat trying to find recipes to make x
  • grandloves
    grandloves Posts: 18
    Options
    Cutting out/down carbs isn't going to help you tone, and it won't help you lose weight either unless you have a calorie deficit. Unless you have a medical reason to, you shouldn't be worrying about carbs.
  • iatemyelf
    iatemyelf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cutting out/down carbs isn't going to help you tone, and it won't help you lose weight either unless you have a calorie deficit. Unless you have a medical reason to, you shouldn't be worrying about carbs.

i was under the impression that eating low carb helped your body turn to burning fat for energy instead of carbs. is that just bro-science? if true, that would certainly help with "toning" (with a deficit, of course).
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Carbs are your friend.

Eat 500+ a day.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

i was under the impression that eating low carb helped your body turn to burning fat for energy instead of carbs. is that just bro-science? if true, that would certainly help with "toning" (with a deficit, of course).

Pretty sure bro. I ate 250+ while cutting and went from 31% BF to 17%. Love my carbs. I wouldn't be able to train without them. Need that lovely energy
  • Mgypsygirl
    Mgypsygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Egg frittata with spinach, kale, tomato, turkey bacon, onion, and cheese. I recently tried making egg plant pizza, very tastey but soggy! Be sure to use mozzarella, garlic, and fresh basil. Good luck!
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Carbs are energy, you need them :) carbs aren't just in pasta, rice, bread ect they are in vegetables too. Eat fresh fruit, vegies, lean meats, whole grain and small amount of good fats ( almonds, healthy oils ect) and dairy. If you make all your food at home using ingredients as close as they can to being natural as it can be and just using different spices and making your own sauces ect you should be good. If you are trying to tone up, not eating enough calories and protein will NOT help with gaining/toning muscle :) when you add muscle you add weight too.