Do you weigh more at the end of the day???

Options
2»

Replies

• stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's food and water. At night your body doesn't intake anymore water but you still burn calories from being alive. Then in the morning you weigh a few pounds less, especially if you weigh yourself first thing in the morning right after using the restroom.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I always do.
    Always.
    By the end of the day, I'm usually up by four to seven pounds.

Me too...even after a day without eating....I just don't know what's really going on inside me...
  • loriyeater
    loriyeater Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Always...anywhere from 2-5 lbs more. I figure it's water weight because I drink a lot of water.
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yes! Your stomach is full of food and lots of water!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Of course you do. When you get up, you've had hours and hours with no food or drink and your body has processed a bunch of stuff. Then you eat and drink and do things. The things you eat and drink are inside your body, they don't just disappear.

If you weigh yourself holding a meal, then weigh yourself immediately after eating that meal, you will weigh the same, just because it's in your tummy rather than in your hand doesn't mean it doesn't weigh the same. Then you process, burn energy, process and dispose of waste and the weight goes down again.

Example: A litre of water weighs a kilo, so if you weigh after drinking a litre of water you will weigh a kilo more.

That's why weighing in the morning is the most accurate way, because your weight later in the day depends what you ate and drank.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Of course you do. When you get up, you've had hours and hours with no food or drink and your body has processed a bunch of stuff. Then you eat and drink and do things. The things you eat and drink are inside your body, they don't just disappear.

If you weigh yourself holding a meal, then weigh yourself immediately after eating that meal, you will weigh the same, just because it's in your tummy rather than in your hand doesn't mean it doesn't weigh the same. Then you process, burn energy, process and dispose of waste and the weight goes down again.

Example: A litre of water weighs a kilo, so if you weigh after drinking a litre of water you will weigh a kilo more.

That's why weighing in the morning is the most accurate way, because your weight later in the day depends what you ate and drank.

And so many people swear by skipping dinner to lose weight. It definitely encourages a nicer reading on the scale next morning...
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yep, every single time. I weigh in the mornings before I eat.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I actually tried this little experiment last night. Yesterday was lift day (Stronglifts). Weigh ins (Disclaimer: I do NOT weigh myself this often normally, just for the sake of "science" LOL):

Tuesday AM (upon waking): 153.2#
    Tuesday PM (before retiring): 161.0#
    Wednesday AM (upon waking): 153.0#

There ya have it, my sample size of one. And lesson learned: don't weigh yourself at night if you normally weigh in AM. You're only setting up for tears (and maybe a thrown scale, if you're not aware of what's really going on.)