Console vs PC

Options
wolf39us
wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
Alright guys and gals, I know you're out there! I am an avid PC gamer and love my FPS games (quake, left 4 dead 2, portal, TF2 etc).

Personally I haven't been able to thoroughly enjoy a console game since after Nintendo 64 because I really just can't stand the controllers on consoles. I've been looking at the PS4 and Xbox One to see if it's really worth a jump and I'm having a hard time with the whole going to a controller bit.

Are you PC or Console or both??

Let's hear it!

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    2445038-4694434071-PC_Ga.jpg
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Console

:smokin:
  • wheird
    Options
    Console

:smokin:

Ew.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I play my games on the PC, on steam.
    Left for dead 2 is my favourite game at the moment.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Both. There's too many good games out there not on console, especially older games, to not like both. Not to mention thanks to the stupidity of the game industry the PC is the only place to find a lot of turn based RPG games. I have a massive backorder of games to get for the pc and the consoles.
  • wheird
    Options
    I play my games on the PC, on steam.
    Left for dead 2 is my favourite game at the moment.

Finally a girl with good sense
  • wolf39us
    Options
    Both. There's too many good games out there not on console, especially older games, to not like both. Not to mention thanks to the stupidity of the game industry the PC is the only place to find a lot of turn based RPG games. I have a massive backorder of games to get for the pc and the consoles.

I agree on the classics... which is why I have a HTPC w/ a Ps3 controller that can emulate everything up to Playstation 2 smoothly
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Both. I play the majority of my games on the PC, but I have a PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and 3DS as well.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    So much nerd in here. :love:
  • wheird
    Options
    I currently have over 100 games on Steam. I'm so proud of myself. :)

Space Engineers is my current obsession. I also recently bought Kenshi.
  • wolf39us
    Options

I purchased Space Engineers and haven't gotten the hang of it yet... :-/
  • wheird
    Options

I purchased Space Engineers and haven't gotten the hang of it yet... :-/

Spend some time in creative mode playing around to get the basics. Youtube videos are great for conceptual builds. I have made some pretty intense stuff with just what is currently ingame.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Jealous of your 100 games haha
  • mcafeekevin
    mcafeekevin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    r/pcmasterrace

unless you NEED an exclusive, there is no reason to pick console. For the first time in history, the "Next Gen" consoles were less powerful than PCs when they launched and are having to make quality sacrifices in games to be able to play 1080p @60fps (some can't do it at all such as Watch Dogs).
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    The real test is to throw them both out of an upper floor window and see which one hits the ground quicker... that one wins!!!!

Nah.. I dont mind either
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Console for novelty games, fighters, and turn-based JRPGS (like square/enix stuff). PC for everything else.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Problem is...a bunch of PC franchises like CoD and Battlefield got ported to the consoles. And now an entire generation of gamers never learned how to play with a mouse...and really don't know any better. Its kinda depressing. There is a reason they keep the PC and consoles players on different servers...the PC guys would CRUSH everyone, simply by virtue of much faster and more accurate controls...to say nothing of better framerates and responses from the hardware itself.

Consoles are great, though, at lots of other kids of games. Just not FPS, RTS, MMO, etc. Driving games, fighting games, sports games, platformers...anything you want to play from the couch with other people.

Consoles are cheap enough that there's plenty of room for both. I tend to buy PC games whereas I only ever rent console games.

PC gaming is a no brainer though. Everyone has got to have a computer of some sort ANYWAYS, Might was well be slightly nicer one that can serve your gaming needs. Its not even significantly more expensive, contrary to popular myth.
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ye gods, who would choose only one? Why would anyone do that to themselves? :sad:

That being said, I mostly do Steam/GOG these days, though I do have a 360, and until recently had an original xbox, too. There's a DS sitting around here somewhere, as well. I finally ditched my Genesis about two moves ago (7-ish years?)

I'm one of those incredibly stupid people who has several games on both PC and 360, I admit it.

I do use the 360 controller with my Steam games. Makes life so much better these days, as more and more nearly require it. Also, there's no *ahem* mod for the male NPCs in Skyrim on the 360. Which seems a terrible, terrible oversight.