That damn plateau

Options
I have recently (about a month ago) started my life change. I have lost 10 pounds and 3 inches in the waist. I am one that has always struggled to lose weight. I am always excited till I hit that dreaded plateau. I want to find out ways that people have made it through that time. i do not want to give up. I want to stay strong and make it to my overall goal. I have a long ways to go but am determined to get there.

Replies

• Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Everyone hits the plateau for periods of time. I was stuck in a plateau from December through March and recently it appears I have hit it again.

I am starting to get close to my goal weight so it is a little easier to swallow now, some say it is the vanity weight (the last 10) although I am not sure that I wanted to end at 150 but needed to pick a goal that I thought I could reach eventually.

What helped me the absolute most was the dreaded pictures. Take pictures in the same clothes, should be something fitted and easy to see your body. I did mine in a sports bra and stretchy workout pants (that I would never wear to the gym). The side by side comparison every 4 weeks always told me that I was on the right track.

Also, measure yourself. It sounds like you are. Keep doing it. I am kinda nerdy and I log all my measurements on an excel spreadsheet so I see how much progress I have made.

I keep my diary open if you want to snoop around. You will see that I keep my protein and fat on the high side. I do fall down and cheat but I always get back up. This is a lifestyle and journey if you want to stick.