Happy Thoughts...

Options
jensiegel39
jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
Hi All,

I just wanted to share some happy thoughts about my journey on MFP and since I decided there were no more excuses for getting healthy and exercising. I hope you'll feel free to do the same.

So many positive things have happened for me in this journey. it is not over yet, but I'm on my way. Not only am I proud of myself (more so than I've ever been about anything), but I feel I have a new way of looking at things and a new way of living. I enjoy meeting people who are similar to me in trying to improve their health; I've always had trouble making friends for some reason, but now that I have something in common with those who I bike with or see at my Zumba class or at the gym, I feel like I have so many friends for the first time in my life.

I'm also able to shop at regular stores for the first time ever, or at least since i can remember! It's so liberating to be able to walk into any store and fit into the clothes instead of having to go to plus-sized shops. I've also made tons of donations of my old clothes to charities, which feels great.

Aside from the scale, which is making me happy lately, I cannot believe that I've lost like 7 inches from my waist and ten from my hips. Sure, I dropped a cup size and feel flat-chested now, but it's worth it! My BMI and body fat percentage are almost inteh normal range, and that's exciting! Oh, and I was pre-diabetic and had high cholesterol, and now after two panels of blood work over the course of several months, both are normal levels without medication.

I cannot believe I didn't do this before. I've truly found some exercise that I really love. And I was a person who suffered from depression and finally went on anti-depressants, but now the endorphins from exercise help more than the drugs, so I've weaned myself off of them and still feel fairly level to happy all the time because of all my exercise.

I have found a passion for biking and Zumba more than anything. I love to dance, so Zumba is really fun for me. I also find biking so cathartic. I prefer to do that more than any other activity. I cannot wait for each weekend when I have time to go on long rides. i did 31 miles the other day (a record for me) and now will try to do 40 next time.

Okay, so those are my happy thoughts about my weight loss. I can't wait to hear yours and all the great things that have happened to you because of all your hard work!

Jen :)

Replies

• PrintedWoman
    Options
    It is so wonderful to hear your story--it is very inspiring! Thank you for sharing this!
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You're welcome! I feel so inspired lately. Joined a new gym with different fun classes, broke a weight loss plateau, and am just feeling very positive about things today!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!