what to do after going over a few days in a row?

Options
2»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I was wondering what you all do in cases of eating over for a few days in a row? I have been over every day since the weekend, and am feeling really bad about it... but I was thinking if I should make a point to go below for the next few days?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

How far over are we talking? If I go over a little bit, I don't even worry about it. Even if you go over 500 calories per day for an entire week, the worst you will do is gain around one pound. that's really the worst you'll do. Don't sweat it.
  • NadiaGH
    NadiaGH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just go back to your regular calories, don't beat yourself up about it, sometimes we need a few days off to stop us from going crazy.

:smile:

that's true, thank you! :-D
  • NadiaGH
    Options
    I go over regular at the weekends then just bring it back down to normal for the rest of the week

sounds good - thanks!
  • NadiaGH
    Options
    Hi all,

I was wondering what you all do in cases of eating over for a few days in a row? I have been over every day since the weekend, and am feeling really bad about it... but I was thinking if I should make a point to go below for the next few days?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

go back as soon as you can, that's all there is to it, don't go eating the whole pizza box or the whole tub of ice cream coz you've stuff up anyway, go back on track as fast as you can.

Duly noted, no whole pies or tubs of ice cream at once, just separately ;-)
  • NadiaGH
    Options
    Resume your normal schedule and use your downfall as motivation.
    tumblr_mub4uorjGR1sjytyoo1_500.gif

hahhaha, I love this! thanks for the smile :)
  • NadiaGH
    Options
    You don't feel bad, life happens, you logged it, it's done, now focus on meeting your goals. It's about consistency not perfection. Monday I was over by 900 calories, no big deal because in the long run those days are infrequent and will only cause a temporary bump in my otherwise downward weight trend.

that's true, consistency should be the focus - thanks!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Be careful not to overly restrict to make up for it...that leads to hunger, which leads to overeating...which leads to more restriction...then hunger...you get the idea!
  • NadiaGH
    Options
    @kristinemarav – thanks for the boost!
    @daybehavior – that’s true, sometime you can get caught up with all of the numbers, like I seem to see a lot of red numbers in the ‘fat’ category and lots of green for the ‘protein’. It’s amazing how you go from not having a clue, to being so ‘in-tuned’.
    @raiderrodney – trynna hop back on..!
    @Lizzy- that sounds like a good idea, I was thinking about doing that too. Pre-logging so I know what to eat and it will be better planned out, aligned with my macros for the day. I just see that going wrong if I eat something I wasn’t ‘supposed to’…

@JimSmith – that’s really great advice, thanks a lot. I gotta train myself to be that regimented…
    @babsabs – thank you, sounds good!
    @mccindy – last few days were about 500-600 over, but putting it into the 3500cals-per-pound-perspective definitely makes me feel better!

Thanks everyone for your support & motivating words of encouragement!
  • tracya04
    tracya04 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have done exactly the same and gone over, in fact I seem to do it more often than I should. I'm just going to try and be under for the remaining of the week by exercising to up my calorie allowance. I couldn't just eat less because I'd be too hungry and just give in again.

I did the same last week and still lost 1lb so don't beat yourself up about it, today is a new day just keep going :)
  • Scampimom
    Scampimom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just go back to your regular calories, don't beat yourself up about it, sometimes we need a few days off to stop us from going crazy.

:smile:

^this

If you think about it as a lifestyle and not a diet, you can see that long-term a few days here and there won't make too big a difference. Just get back on the horse and carry on, and savour the memory of the nice things you ate =)
  • ItsFunnyCauseHesFat
    ItsFunnyCauseHesFat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Be careful not to overly restrict to make up for it...that leads to hunger, which leads to overeating...which leads to more restriction...then hunger...you get the idea!

EXACTLY! Horrible cycle. Well-said! :)