Creepy weight loss commercials!

SkippyGirl
SkippyGirl Posts: 12
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
You know those weight loss commercials where it shows someone who's average body weight saying that they're hugely overweight? Then it shows disturbing before and after pictures of a girl who went from normal to anorexic. It makes me feel like a total fatty!:mad:

Replies

• You know those weight loss commercials where it shows someone who's average body weight saying that they're hugely overweight? Then it shows disturbing before and after pictures of a girl who went from normal to anorexic. It makes me feel like a total fatty!:mad:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I've always been skinny. I have always been naturally thin...It runs in my family.
    keirakBIG100107_228x493.jpg

I eat all the time, even my friends say I eat well!
    Reid_x17_June1908_200.jpg
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    That is one disturbing photo!!!
  • Why can't people be happy with the way they are? I mean it's like everyone in the whole friggin world is trying to be something they're not. Did you know that at this years Olympics a little girl had to lip sync cuz the girl who actually sung was considered not cute enough to proform. It's enough to make you sick!:cry:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    That's nasty. She looks like she's on crack. Ewww..... sorry, but that's not attractive.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    that is one of my biggest pet peeves!! i hate hate those commercials.

Hi everyone look at me, i am of average body size and want to become anorexic right before your eyes! And the best part is, society is going to pat me on the back for it most of the time, while i influence young girls around the world

UGHHHH!!!!!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Why can't people be happy with the way they are? I mean it's like everyone in the whole friggin world is trying to be something they're not. Did you know that at this years Olympics a little girl had to lip sync cuz the girl who actually sung was considered not cute enough to proform. It's enough to make you sick!:cry:

I was so MAD :mad: when I heard that!! If you really think about it, they are sending an awful message to the entire world! :explode: We're focused on the games and the athletes who perform and represent our countries, not outward appearances. That was a stupid, stupid mistake....:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

That poor little girl - and she IS A DOLL, too!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Here you go.
    I love this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89GB7z_Ogt0
    or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhSG_Q8tKYY

Inspired by his mom who is a big, beautiful woman.:wink:

This is such a happy song - counter to those commercials and photos:happy:
  • I love the youtube post jlwhelan1!!!

It's just a great reminder that even thought we are trying to lose weight we are ALL breautiful people!

As for the little girl in Beijing, what a sin!!! That has been posted around the world and now in her short lifetime she has to go through the horrors of having her self esteem being cut down a notch!!
    SHAME!!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    who is that in the second picture???? keira knightly (sp) is in the first right????

Honestly in that pic Kiera looks all right.... and i think half of the reason she looks so skinny all the time is cause she is so flat chested.... if she was more voluptious up top i dont think she would look half bad??? is that wrong of me????? I do admit though that there are pictures where she looks toooooo thin but that one pic isnt so bad........

as for the other person .... not sure who it is but omg ick!!!!!

here is another one
    nicole ritchie
    nicoler1.jpg

i admit she looks better since she had the baby but still.... what a sickening picture
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    That second one is Tara Reid
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    I agree though, we need to be taugh that we're all beautiful!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    :sick: :sick: :sick:
    Omg, that is just not right! I would rather stay at my weight right now than to look like that.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    It always comes down to money.

I guess they want attention in any way they can get it, and I guess with the attention comes advertisers who want to push their products...so keep up with the behavior and we will reward you with attention and money.

And I guess most of us can't talk, because we buy the magazines with the stories for the pictures worth millions for pictures of new borns. Well, at least I don't have to buy them, my sister drops them off after she is done reading them.

But, yeah they are pretty sickly looking, but they are making the bucks.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Wow I just ate lunch ladies, and to see those pics......
    well, I might need some pepto
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    The scary thing is that these girls are going out in public like that to show off their skinny bodies, so they don't see anything wrong and think it looks good!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    The scary thing is that these girls are going out in public like that to show off their skinny bodies, so they don't see anything wrong and think it looks good!

And our daughters are seeing them, and thinking that is how they should look...:frown:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Absolutely DISGUSTING photo of Tara Reid. YUCK
  • watching the olympics last night, it made me happy to see the volleyball players. Healthy, athletic, powerful women not afraid to show off their skills! Woohoo. It made me smile to see women with a body like mine in a bathing suit on TV :happy:

http://assets.teamusa.org/assets/images/article/photo/4758/mid/MMTKW_Hug.jpg
This discussion has been closed.