Interesting article..When do woman start loosing their looks

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Women can be beautiful/attractive at any age.

For me, I would love to look 24 again. I'm getting into that "she still looks good for her age" time of life. :grumble:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Shannon

I'm 35 and noticed signs of 'aging'..wrinkles and stuff over the past 2 years
    I feel pretty good about myself now, style etc right ...minus the wrinkles would be good though :)

I just wanted to add that I agree with Shannon....that you can look good at any age,,if u take care of yourself (and I think how u carry yourself has a lot to do with it)

I never cared about my age (number wise) as long as I looked decent and not older than I am

Kim
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    I'll say it depends on how you feel not some much, what you think you look like. I see women everyday at the gym. I think the article is a little off, my opinion a women does not start to come into her looks to after 25, and I see women everyday in there 30s and 40s that are great looking.
    At least thats this guys point of few.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    I think a lot of women tend to be more attractive as they get older. And especially with all of us here at MFP who are in the process of being healthier and living the lifestyle. As we feel better about ourselves it just shows, in our self-esteem and confidence and that in itself is attractive. All of us are learning how our bodies really work and working with it (not against it) to tone, strengthen, and slim down (no matter what our size). It was mentioned once before in a post how much happier everyone looked in their "after" pics, all smiles and just glowing. How can we possibly not be more attractive now that we are feeling good about ourselves, smiling, and glowing!!!

Okay, I'll put my pom-poms and little skirt away now....(what can I say...once a cheerleader, always a cheerleader...LOL).

We are all beautiful women, inside....and out!!! :heart:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    I was 37 and I think it was the stress of my job at the time that was adding years rapidly. Weight gain, lack of sleep, poor diet due to lack of time...all that contributed to the change in how I looked and felt. That was the first time I felt like I was aging.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Women can be beautiful/attractive at any age.

Abso correct shannon! As Ez would tell you, I love ALL (and flirt outrageously with any) woman "from age 2 to 92". I've seen some women that are incredible in thier 70's i.e. Sophia Loren, so age by itself isn't a determinant of beauty. All you X chromosome carriers in here are beautiful, period. :flowerforyou:
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191
    As I scrolled down through this one, looking at the pictures, I had to laugh...ALL of you ladies are beautiful! Look at your own pictures and you will see...I guess its the same for guys...I mean...sorry dude, but that blue picture of you just turns me off...that is you right?
  • kimber607
    Ok, who is paying all these new/great guys on this site to shower us gals with compliments :)

Kim
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    As I scrolled down through this one, looking at the pictures, I had to laugh...ALL of you ladies are beautiful! Look at your own pictures and you will see...I guess its the same for guys...I mean...sorry dude, but that blue picture of you just turns me off...that is you right?

You're very sweet. :flowerforyou:

Along these lines, I was running past a construction site a few weeks ago & not one whistle. I thought to myself then, "you're losing it, old girl". :laugh:
  • kimber607
    ((HUGS)) Shannon

I'm betting they were too busy working....(that's what I tell myself?)

Isn't there something just hot/sexy about a construction worker...yellow hat and all

Kim
  • hnlymark
    hnlymark Posts: 191

Along these lines, I was running past a construction site a few weeks ago & not one whistle. I thought to myself then, "you're losing it, old girl". :laugh:

If you strut it and they don't whistle, don't worry, they are probably just gay...they probably just got done whistling at a guy. No biggie, they're out there you know. Or, they just might be shy like me :blushing: :wink: :blushing: :wink: I NEVER whistle...
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102

Or, they just might be shy like me :blushing: :wink: :blushing: :wink: I NEVER whistle...

You may not whistle, but you are overflowing with heartfelt compliments...AND you respond nicely to messages sent to you! :wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    I found a picture of myself from my early 20s, and I have to say, I look better now at 36. A lot of it is how you take care of yourself!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member

I'd whistle at you wubs.....if I were a guy doing construction, that is.:wink:
  • I'm 20 and I get mistaken for a middleschooler/highschooler all the time.:laugh:
    Of course my grandma says it only can go downhill from here.:sad:
    But she also says a this rate when I'm 60 I can pass myself off as forty.:bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I'm 20 and I get mistaken for a middleschooler/highschooler all the time.:laugh:
    But she also says a this rate when I'm 60 I can pass myself off as forty.:bigsmile:

Your profile says your 18! OOPS! Fixing that will change your goals, BMI, and BMR! YEY!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I'm 20 and I get mistaken for a middleschooler/highschooler all the time.:laugh:

I will be 37 soon...AHHHHH!!! I forget sometimes that I'm older than in my 20's... ::sigh:: It just means we will look great in a few years. YEY!!! :drinker:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    I am rapidly approaching 51 and am constantly mistaken for much younger =- Yeah me!! Sadly I think its because I have younger kids but hey whatever if they want to think I'm 35 who am I to correct Right?? Now if my old bones would just get with the program!!!

Heather
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    I agree w/ the sweet new guys:smooched: ....the ladies here are BABES!!!:love: ....and this is coming from a heterosexual but lover of beauty gal!:wink:

I think its human nature to feel like we do though....I was always carded up til I was almost 30...but then when I hit that it stopped and I was sort of sad...lol...now I'll be the big...(and fabulous) 40 in less than two months....I'm sort of nervous....I'm not vain at all, but I just want to still ....um...have it! lol ya know!?

I think getting fit and healthy makes you glow, your drinking the water to help your skin as well as your body function....the exercising is amazing for toning and transforming us, the eating right is well...just plain smart! lol...

so here's to getting older....:drinker: ....I ain't afraid of a little age.....nope....not me!:noway: ....well sort of.:ohwell: ...but I keep saying that to myself...hoping it helps!:wink::laugh:

hugs lovelies....and our sweet mfp men!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.