hiya everyone need help on protien x

Options
Hi just joined the sight tonight and i think its the best sight ever!! its nice and easy to use but i have a slight problem, i am blonde so its probably that, the thing is i seem to be going over on my protien, calories are ok but how do you measure your protien and is there a page to show an example of what we should be having? Thanks and good luck on all your weight loss journeys. x

Replies

• PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi
    You daily food diary should show what's recommended for Carbs and protein.
    How much weight do you need to shift?
  • evetobeslim
    Options
    Hiya Paul, i need to get rid of 79 lbs unfortunatly to much good living and red wine.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I think the amount of protein one consumes has a lot to do with each individual person. Some people are carb sensitive like myself, I just look at carbs and I gain weight. So I like to stay on the much higher end of healthy protein and much lower carbs, as the diet I am following is called Medifast, and that is the parameters they instill in us. Maybe you could talk with your physician about it as well.
  • happymom1197
    Options
    I'm not sure what the site promotes, but 1 serving of protein is 3 oz. You can weight it on a kitchen scale or eyeball it ( about the size of a deck of cards, your cell phone, or the palm of your hand). You should probably measure it the first few times, just so you know what it looks like. Most servings in restaurants are 3 times a regular serving!!!
  • PaulC9554
    Options
    Do you have a plan in mind? For me, initially it's to count the calories - something I've not done before and get back down the gym.
  • evetobeslim
    Options
    thank you that makes sense to me now x
  • evetobeslim
    Options
    i am doing the same as you, and i have never had to count calories before so here we go, are you new to the site as well or have you been here a while? where are you from?:smile:
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Read the thread linked in my signature. It'll help.
  • evetobeslim
    Options
    yes i too with carbs i just have to smell them and i put weight on x
  • PaulC9554
    Options
    I've sent you a 'friends request'.
  • evetobeslim
    Options
    Thanks a bunch Chris, thats made me feel better, my calories are cool i was just worried so ta la x Good luck with the Army im sure you will be fine, i was 22 years in the Navy,