Back after broken ankle. Time to DO this!

pinklily905
pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
Hi all! 44 year old Momma to 7(4 are mine, 3 are his..all are my heart) and two beautiful granddaughters!

I am back to get getting serious here on myfitnesspal after breaking my ankle and having surgery just before Christmas. Started back to work a few weeks ago, almost discharged from physio, and needing to start taking care of myself again.

Looking for new, motivated, encouraging friends as I continue my journey to a healthy lifestyle, and healthy me!

Replies

• I'm back after breaking my collar bone in February. The inactivity just made a steady weight gain over the past year even worse. Not yet cleared for any major exercise and it may be a while, but might as well do what I can now. Sending FR.
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Accepted! I ended up gaining about 20 between Dec and April. I recently got a fitbit which I find is helping me to get out and walk, even if I don't really want to. It's great for strengthening my ankle, which, in turn, helps with the limp and on going pain.
  • jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    I broke my ankle in April. Luckily, no surgery was needed and only one more week in the boot. I am working really hard on not gaining weight due to inactivity!