Crying before I even start?

Options
I was reviewing my download of the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD to make sure it looked like it formatted correctly etc, and just watching it made me cry. what the heck is wrong with me?!?

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    This is a very emotional experience! I remember a pilates DVD that everytime I put it in I would literally start to cry as soon as I saw the instructor. I didn't want to do it. I didn't think I COULD do it. I couldn't believe I was in the position I was in to HAVE to be doing this. Its so hard. Biggest Loser is so awesome too...I cry almost every episode and here you are undertaking one of their exercise dvds...pretty darn cool! You are doing something for yourself. You are on MFP, exercising, eating right..taking all of these awesome steps. So cry! Nothing is wrong with you! Completely normal!! :o) *HUG!*

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    yoga always makes me cry out of boredom.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Awwwww, here I'm crying again. I didn't realize I'd be SO emotional! I'm doing great today as far as calorie intake and water intake, and I'm hoping my XBox will let me stream this DVD like it should. I haven't exercised to a DVD in years...I used to be able to get through a whole hour of The Firm Cardio tapes, etc without issue...and I know it's going to be a struggle this time around to do a DVD especially since I think I was in denial for a LONG time about how big I really am. I WILL DO IT THIS TIME!!!!
  • poisongirl6485
    Options

Yeah, I don't really have much of a choice though--being on the third floor of an apartment building w/ downstairs neighbors, 2 small kids, etc means I can't do a more high-intensity workout, and I'm not dragging my kids out in 25 degree weather to go walking. We'll see how it goes!
  • ReadyMom
    Options
    You will have all kinds of different emotions over your weight loss journey sometimes very extreme! It's ok to cry, get it out!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Yoga can be a deeply spiritual (no I don't mean religious) experience for our bodies and minds, it opens us up to so much and our raw feeling can bubble up that have been hidden away. Simple Yoga positions can do so much to enlighten our mind to what's within our bodies we need to work on... Yoga is an awesome and enlightening experience.

I've thoroughly enjoyed many types of Yoga but never even heard of BL yoga DVD's what is it like? Anyone that's done Yoga can you share a comparison?

Yoga is soooo relaxing... I do a Yoga meditation as I fall asleep at night listening to it... every fiber of my being is fully relaxed...

I think Yoga is in order for later today:wink::flowerforyou:
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When I first started my weight loss journey (before MFP), everytime I did my Leslie Sansone DVD and she would say: "Alright good job. I knew you could do it!", I would start crying!! And this lasted for like... 6 months at least! I was so emotional over how far I'd drifted, but now how hard I was working to get back on track. I totally know why you would cry. Let it out! It's all part of the process!! :)))
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

<snip> being on the third floor of an apartment building w/ downstairs neighbors, <snip> I can't do a more high-intensity workout, <snip>
    I'm in the same situation, my apt. is above another so I try and be careful on cutting out some parts of workouts that I feel I wouldn't want someone to do if I had someone living above me. Jumping jacks, jogging in place etc. I feel for you, I really do... it does cut back on some workouts.

Don't know if you have Netflix but they do have some Instant view such as Kickboxing which I love and you don't have to do a lot of jumping in that just moving and kicking and punches...also dance vids etc. on Instant.

Try and find something you'll really enjoy and get a variety that you can mix up and not get bored!

Above all have fun with your workouts, it keeps you doing them far longer!:wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    When I first started my weight loss journey (before MFP), everytime I did my Leslie Sansone DVD and she would say: "Alright good job. I knew you could do it!", I would start crying!! And this lasted for like... 6 months at least! I was so emotional over how far I'd drifted, but now how hard I was working to get back on track. I totally know why you would cry. Let it out! It's all part of the process!! :)))
    Very true, when we quit eating our emotions they have no where to go but outward so we begin to express them. This is a good thing! But it's a bit foreign to us depending on how long we've had on the extra weight and been able to express our emotions freely.

Sometimes emotions come out at the most unusual times simply because they've been bottled up.. coming out during workouts and such don't seem that odd to me. Sometimes I sit here and read progress posts/photos and start bawling for the person realizing how much freedom they now have in their new life. lol In the past I might have been eating chips reading... tears are far better for our soul than chips.

The unexpected feelings coming out won't last forever... embrace them and realize why they are there...because you're no longer eating on them and burying them:drinker:
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Very true, when we quit eating our emotions they have no where to go but outward so we begin to express them. This is a good thing! But it's a bit foreign to us depending on how long we've had on the extra weight and been able to express our emotions freely.

Sometimes emotions come out at the most unusual times simply because they've been bottled up.. coming out during workouts and such don't seem that odd to me. Sometimes I sit here and read progress posts/photos and start bawling for the person realizing how much freedom they now have in their new life. lol In the past I might have been eating chips reading... tears are far better for our soul than chips.

The unexpected feelings coming out won't last forever... embrace them and realize why they are there...because you're no longer eating on them and burying them:drinker:

I cry during the Biggest Loser show every single season! Just seeing people hurting and in so much pain (emotionally) makes me hurt for them. I may not have been morbidly obese, but I've been overweight and I've struggled (and still struggle) with addictions to food and all of the weight skeletons in my closet. So yeah... it's totally natural to me to cry at workouts or weight loss shows or whatever.
  • penguinfan03
    penguinfan03 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred had me in tears on multiple occassions, as did some of the other biggest loser DVDs. I've sobbed through many a jumping jack. It will pass :) And sometimes it'll come back, just because you don't feel like working about, but know that you should. Point is, we've all cried!! You are not alone!!
  • poisongirl6485
    Options
    yeah i still feel like crying, but because i didn't get to workout like i wanted to. i spent the afternoon trying to get the DVD to play through the XBox's connection to the PC, which didn't work like it should have. And then I tried to burn a copy of the DVD (since my husband failed to do that for me last night like I asked), and it burned but with no sound. So now I'm back where I started. The only shining star in my day is that I'm below my calorie intake goal.
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    yeah i still feel like crying, but because i didn't get to workout like i wanted to. i spent the afternoon trying to get the DVD to play through the XBox's connection to the PC, which didn't work like it should have. And then I tried to burn a copy of the DVD (since my husband failed to do that for me last night like I asked), and it burned but with no sound. So now I'm back where I started. The only shining star in my day is that I'm below my calorie intake goal.

Hey, girl, that in itself is awesome. Take the little things! We too often forget that those build into the most effective accomplishments.