Excuses

Options

Replies

• natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    "I can't afford the food"

Here's a thought....if you ate the appropriate amount of food for your body instead of 4 full on extra value meals, you could probably afford it.
    Yes lmao!!!!
  • natstar26
    Options
    My chicken nuggets which are pured organs and chicken bones cooked in lard tastes wayyy better than that prime rib steak and vegies you have * _* :noway:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    "I'm a fussy eater, I only like fast food and frozen meals" - this bugs the hell out of me. How is preferring highly processed combinations of food cooked by teenagers in commercial kitchen more "fussy" than liking meat with a carb and a veg cooked at home?
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My chicken nuggets which are pured organs and chicken bones cooked in lard tastes wayyy better than that prime rib steak and vegies you have * _* :noway:

But sometimes...it's true. Those things are amazing.
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    "My dog gets angry when I use her treadmill" - Me

Good one! :bigsmile: Great visual..... and I don't even have a dog!!
  • BuoyantSoul
    BuoyantSoul Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    "I can't go over my data plan on my phone. MFP will use it all up" - My friend a few weeks after asking me to help her set up MFP and show her how to use it.

Well then cut down your time on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, etc.

Haha, in the olden days before MFP we all logged meals using a nifty thing called a notebook. They're smaller than a device, cheaper than a device, fit right in your purse and are even biodegradable! No data plan required. Ah, kids these days.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    "I can't go over my data plan on my phone. MFP will use it all up" - My friend a few weeks after asking me to help her set up MFP and show her how to use it.

Well then cut down your time on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, etc.

Haha, in the olden days before MFP we all logged meals using a nifty thing called a notebook. They're smaller than a device, cheaper than a device, fit right in your purse and are even biodegradable! No data plan required. Ah, kids these days.

I remember those things!

I think she's more worried about giving up the chips and pop she consumes on a daily basis than using up some of her data.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    "I have so many trigger foods! I can't control myself around them. If I'm going to lose weight, I need to cut them out entirely!"

What's a "Trigger" food? Something Roy Rogers fed his horse? Is Buttermilk jealous that he doesn't have special foods, too?

Hate the whole "trigger food" thing. "Trigger foods" don't absolve adults from taking responsibility for their actions.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    " No matter what I do ... I can't lose weight..." I state this as I'm at an all you can eat buffet...lol.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    "I'm always eating healthy. Look, I ordered a crispy chicken sandwhich. It's CHICKEN." <-- my fiance's sister.

I am not sure if this was supposed to be hilarious, but it literally made me LOL. Oh my.

I don't have any funny excuses, I am just lazy and I think I am way skinnier/fitter than I actually am. i think I look pretty damn good and I am scared once I lose the weight I will look gross and all skin-hangy (nekkid I mean, I know I will look better in clothes a smaller size).

Yeah that's just sad, I know. I guess maybe that is a bit hilarious it is so ridiculous now that I think about it :)
  • halfpintpeggy
    halfpintpeggy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Co-worker (struggling with her weight):
    "America is fat because people can't walk anywhere without being afraid of getting mugged, raped or killed." When someone tried to argue with her, telling her that is just an excuse to not go for a jog outside, she replied with, "it's not an excuse at all! Especially for a woman like me..."

Same co-worker:
    I asked her to climb stairs with me during our breaks. After taking the stairs with me one time, she told me climbing stairs hurts her knees so it must be bad for her. She stopped completely afterwards.

Another time, I told her I rarely go to fast food restaurants and she told me I was deprived of American food.

She sees me eating yogurt and starts commenting that she'd rather have "real" food.

:indifferent:

I think you have the type of friend who is trying to sabotage your healthy efforts!!!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    "You're so lucky that you find exercise easy" -> yep I just fell out of bed one day and found I could run a marathon.

Haha, yep!

"Only people that can do the high intensity options should do this class"

Oh of course! They just woke up being able to go full pelt for an hour. Not saying every form of exercise is right for everyone. The question should be do you want to do it and are you medically cleared, not can you be perfect right from day one!
  • natstar26
    Options

But sometimes...it's true. Those things are amazing.
    Yes haha eat up those organs lol :P
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    "I have so many trigger foods! I can't control myself around them. If I'm going to lose weight, I need to cut them out entirely!"

What's a "Trigger" food? Something Roy Rogers fed his horse? Is Buttermilk jealous that he doesn't have special foods, too?

Hate the whole "trigger food" thing. "Trigger foods" don't absolve adults from taking responsibility for their actions.

Well no one's forcing you to avoid items you can't help but consume in copious quantities. And if you have no such foods, hurray for you! You get a Gold star!!
  • Mezster86
    Mezster86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HA, This thread is really funny. A friend of a friend during her pregnancy: 'My cravings have all been strawberry pavlova, if I don't have it at least every day I feel depressed and like I'm depriving my unborn child....' :laugh:
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    "It's my genetics. Everyone in my family is fat"
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

For me, identifying and for a short time eliminating trigger foods was essential for taking control of my destructive eating habits. These days I can have a smallish bite now and then of some of my trigger foods. But some aren't worth it, calorie- and taste-wise.
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Sadly... a few short years ago... these excuses were all mine... I think I used so many of them that I started to believe them... I was so unhealthy and overweight that 3 minutes on a treadmill, zero incline, 2.0 speed and I was sweating and honestly could not breathe.. I was the lady leaning on the grocery cart and barely able to stand up to push it to buy those chips, sweets, etc... and the bad thing.. I actually have ALWAYS loved healthy foods... veggies, baked/grilled meats, etc... but I also loved my pasta, cheese sauces, breads, sweets, and chips.

Now, I go to 6-9 classes a week at the gym, I have participated in 2 mud runs, a few 5K's (I really don't enjoy running or I would do more), and I eat healthy food only 95% of the time. 3 of the classes each week are Insanity... and if I can go from not walking to doing a full round of Insanity.. anyone can kick those excuses and build up to doing whatever they want.

When you are making those "trigger food" excuses.. remember.. no one forced you to buy the trigger food. I have 2 trigger foods... one is peanut butter... and it can be in the house as long as I don't start eating it as I don't have the desire/willpower to stop if I start... the other is marshmallows... so I simply don't buy them as I will eat one and the love for the marshmallow kills the desire to be healthy and I would honestly eat them all... so if I don't buy them I can't eat them.. it's really that simple.

When you are making the "junk food is cheaper" excuses... well, yes it is... However, it makes you crave larger quantities more often... so in the long run I was prepared when I totally went cold turkey 3 years ago and cleaned out the cabinets... I was prepared to get healthy and spend a small fortune doing it.... but I found out that when you eat healthy, you get full quicker and stay full longer so you eat smaller portions of the healthy foods and it balances to where the costs remain about the same.

And when it comes to the "its too hard" exercise excuses... find a good gym with good instructors... they will teach you modifications for everything from push ups to jumping jacks to weight lifting.... there is a way to train your body to do the things you want to do... and modifications are the start to doing the all out high intensity stuff you see others doing... if your instructors don't teach mods.. .go somewhere else... research.. do something... you might just like it... in a little over a year's time I went from making excuses to losing over 100 pounds and I get cranky on the days I can't make it to the gym.... I learned to embrace and love the sweat as well as the sore and tired muscles... and I just feel good... you can too!
  • AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    "Nutty bars are on sale!"
    "I have to eat this ham, potato salad, <insert greasiest dish on Earth> and pecan pie, because my mother made it, if I don't, it will hurt her feelings"
    "Nobody lives forever, why deal with the added stress calorie counting and working out?"
    "I can eat this Double Whopper, large fries and giant Dr Pepper for lunch...I'll still have 86 cals left for dinner" <--- that one is me :-(
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    "I would like to be healthy and fit, but i dont call it letting myself go, I call it putting my kids above my own selfish needs"

Someone posted that the other day, its sad when you blame your children for your unhealthy eating and say they are the reason you wont lose weight. How about you get it together so you're actually around for them a longer time?