I'm a mom who has been putting herself last for too long!

Options
ehamommy
ehamommy Posts: 16 Member
Hello all. I am a 38 year old mom of 3 lovely ladies but have been putting my health needs last for too long. Over the past few years I have somehow managed to gain almost 50 lbs and now I am aiming to lose 118lbs. It seems like such a lofty goal but I am ready. I could really use some friends who are facing the same struggles each day. I look forward to connecting with others and helping one another stay motivated!

Replies

• luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am a 38 year old mom of 3 lovely ladies but have been putting my health needs last for too long. Over the past few years I have somehow managed to gain almost 50 lbs and now I am aiming to lose 118lbs. It seems like such a lofty goal but I am ready. I could really use some friends who are facing the same struggles each day. I look forward to connecting with others and helping one another stay motivated!

As mothers we tend to do that. My kids are finally grown and almost grown. It is finally time to concentrate on me. You can do it. Don't feel guilty, take the time to workout. Make food for yourself (hubby too). My youngest daughter often has to cook for herself because she doesn't want to eat what we cook.
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 here. About the same amount I want to end up losing. Will seend FR!! Anyone can add me who wants support. I log daily, and I do my best to encourage my friends. Have a lovely day!
  • erinleigh1976
    erinleigh1976 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hear you on that one...my boys are 14 and 16 and I could probably lose about 90 without going into the greedy weight loss pounds! It has been way too many years since I have taken care of myself!
  • tormol
    tormol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm a 39 year old mother of two and finding the extra weight is interfering with life more and more. My younger body could get away with the extra pounds. Not the case any more. Regardless of how much a weigh I need to start doing more and stepping out of my comfort zone. I tell myself no all the time about activities or clothes or events because I feel i'm too fat to participate. I need to start saying no to so much food and yes to the living better. Silly me I've been trading life experiences and fun for food.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    oh no! time to put yourself FIRST!. No just kidding just find a balance. That's all you really need. Everyone's needs matter and I trust you'll find a balance that works for everyone to have their needs met. Unfortunately sometimes when motherhood is new and the baby demands all our attention sometimes we don't remember to phase that part out when it's time to and we don't get back the balance in our lives that is healhtiest for everyone involved.

I'm sure you are not the first mommy in the world to experience that and i'm sure you won't be the last either. Motherhood really should come with instructions. And maybe a few gift cards? LOL.
  • fluffyrn12
    fluffyrn12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mom of two, Kids are off to college time to take care of me. I need lots of motivation to stay on track. Let’s all do this together ladies! Request sent.
  • CarolinaMom4
    Options
    I am a 42 year old mom to a 2 year old. Trying to keep up with her and take care of myself at the same time. I could use friends on here to help keep me going!
  • KarKrzy29
    KarKrzy29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am with you as well. I'm a 41 year old Mother of 2 boys 10 and 20. Taking the time now even though my stick of a husband is no help :). I only log Monday to Friday and I have my cheat meals on Saturday and Sunday as I am out of town on weekends no access to internet. I believe that to be successful it must be realistic. I myself am new on MFP. I have lost almost 30lbs this year. Add me if you like.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    44 year old father of a 12 year old boy. At the end of the day, same issues. Im not much good to him or my bride if Im not here. If I dont keep doing what Ive started to do, thats the way the cookie is likely to crumble. Feel free to add me if youd like.
  • monikabenoit
    monikabenoit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, nice to meet you all! I am a momma of three little ones, ages 6, 4 and 1. I love healthy eating but I have always had a love for chocolate and a tendency to skip my workouts too often, I am now ready to kick some butt and get in the best shape of my life! I just want to say you all are amazing and inspirational for being motivated to make a change in your lives!!! Way to go ladies! Let's do this! If anyone wants to connect feel free to add me as a friend!
  • mkchris
    mkchris Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mom of an almost 3 year old and a disabled husband that also takes a lot of energy. I'd love to be your friend. I'm looking to lose between 50 and 60 lbs. I'd be happy for others to add me as well :)
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mom of a four year old, I started this journey to get back to the running condition I was before child. Feel free to add me as a friend, I am on almost everyday.
  • britneyrene
    britneyrene Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone...28 year old mother of two here. I want to lose about 20 lbs. Feel free to add me...it helps to have motivated friends. also follow my journey at http://bballinblog.wordpress.com/
  • Shutter_bug03
    Shutter_bug03 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a mom for 3 girls as well! And they are always first.......hard to put myself anywhere but last, but I need to change that to be the best mom i can be for them!
  • KnewBGNG
    KnewBGNG Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you feel free to add me:flowerforyou:
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a 36 year old mother to 4 lovely ladies!!

When I started back on MFP my goal was to lose 65 pounds! I'm 34 pounds down now after 5 months! I too put my ladies above myself...but they've been so supportive of my goals and help me work out!

Would love to have you as a friend!

:flowerforyou:
  • faithful_kitty
    faithful_kitty Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am also a mom of 2 girls 6 and 1. I put them first and now am having problems with my health. anyone can add me.
  • Glasseschickadee
    Glasseschickadee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Only a mom of one but same boat!! Feel free to add me!!
  • karenbrooks14661
    karenbrooks14661 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi, i am also a mum to 3 grown up and flown the nest kids, we always seem to put ourselves way down the list of priorities! am trying to eat healthily and do more exercise every day, we can and will do this, its not easy, there are little temptations all the time, and its too easy to slip back into the old ways! writing it down on here is a great motivator, and everyone is very supportive! add me if you would like too, i am in UK! Karen xx
  • bubblyandblonde
    bubblyandblonde Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :)

I am also in the same situation as you, I always put everyone and everything before me.

I am only 22, I have a 2 year old, a husband, a house and my own business... So as you can see, I am also a busy bee.

I have been doing Slimming World since March and have lost 13lbs so far, so I have 21lbs to go till my goal now. But after my goal, I am still wanting to carry on loosing a little more, maybe another stone.

My reason so slow losses is my hectic life style, and my husband... He's such a feeder.

I am now taking control of this, and putting my self 2nd. Not first as my toddler will ALWAYS come first lol

I joined a gym last night, so hoping this will help me get back to my pre pregnancy body :)

Good luck, and please add me if you like :) xxx