Quest bars?

Options
2»

Replies

• whoson1st0
    whoson1st0 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought a variety box on their site which had 13 different flavors. Far I've tried the cookies n' cream, cinnamon roll, chocolate peanut butter and choco chip cookie dough. The first 2 I ate right from the package and they were ok but seemed liked they needed to be cooked.

the last 2 I looked online for a simple recipe that included baking them. I found this:
    Cut a bar into 6 even pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Smoosh down slightly and put in oven @ 350 for 6 mins.
    Turn cookies over and press down (if you want them a little flatter) and bake for another 2 mins. Take them out and let them cool a bit (they are better after they cool for a bit IMO). You get 6 cookies with none of the guilt and plenty of fiber and protein! Have them with a glass of milk it's even better!

Now, they are still not the best 'cookies' in the world but considering the nutritional value they are pretty good. I will have to try microwaving one as well as people have mentioned.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    We have these at my work, & my current favorite is cookies & cream. Cookie dough used to be one of my fav. I really like the Raspberry White Chocolate (& I don't normally like white chocolate) and strawberry cheesecake. :) I have a box of Cookies & cream in my locker
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've never tried them before, but heard so many great reveiws I just had to order some to try.
    They didnt have much choice because they were on special offer, Ive ordered cinnamon roll and apple pie (I really wanted to try cookie dough), I cant wait for them to arrive.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Eat one almost daily.

My favorite thing to do...

1. Get the chocolate chip one
    2. Warm it for 10-13 seconds in microwave
    3. Cut it in half, and flatten it with a cup or rolling pin
    4. On a greased baking sheet, bake the two halves or however many pieces you want at 350 for 7 minutes = QUEST BAR COOKIES!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Love them! Cookies and Cream are AWESOME!!!! My second favorite is Cookie Dough.
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I bought a variety box on their site which had 13 different flavors. Far I've tried the cookies n' cream, cinnamon roll, chocolate peanut butter and choco chip cookie dough. The first 2 I ate right from the package and they were ok but seemed liked they needed to be cooked.

the last 2 I looked online for a simple recipe that included baking them. I found this:
    Cut a bar into 6 even pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Smoosh down slightly and put in oven @ 350 for 6 mins.
    Turn cookies over and press down (if you want them a little flatter) and bake for another 2 mins. Take them out and let them cool a bit (they are better after they cool for a bit IMO). You get 6 cookies with none of the guilt and plenty of fiber and protein! Have them with a glass of milk it's even better!

Now, they are still not the best 'cookies' in the world but considering the nutritional value they are pretty good. I will have to try microwaving one as well as people have mentioned.

yummy going to try this.
  • michtrif
    michtrif Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My local GNC was nearly out last week and I just stopped in Vitamin shop and their supply was low as well. I asked if they would be getting more and they told me that Quest is being sued because the fiber count is inaccurate. Interesting news. I was told they may not being getting any more in until it is settled!

That said, that was good news for me because they are dangerous for my sweet tooth. I rarely allow myself more than half of a bar at a time- and only post workout or as an emergency snack. I try not to eat a lot of processed foods, and I really feel like I am cheating when I eat them.