Ripped in 30 BEFORE 30 day agree

Is there anyone here who has done ripped in 30 first? I just bought it because walmart didn't have 30DS. And I'm starting to regret it because people say they had better results with 30DS. I am getting married in four months and wanted to be fit for my wedding and honeymoon. I'm looking to lose 20 pounds. And of course I'm eating a certain number of calories. And I know you gain muscle weight. I'm just looking for my tummy to be flat as I've had a baby two years ago and can't seem to drop my thighs, tummy, and arms. Someone HAS to have done RI30 first.

Replies

• AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    I am on 30DS and then I'll do RI30, but I've heard great things about both and they bring results on their own. Losing the weight will mainly be about your eating habits, not so much working out. At least that's what they tell me. You have plenty of time to do both programs if you want to.
  • I did 30 day shred first and saw great results. I also did ripped in 30 and didn't see as great of results but did see results. Then again I put more into 30ds then I did ri30. I'm starting body revolution on monday!

Good luck and I'm sure you will see results. Her workouts are awesome!
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    I did 30DS and then Ripped in 30

Personally, I dropped more weight doing 30DS..but became more toned doing Ripped..now, I was obviously heavier doing 30DS..

Dont forget..and she spells this out big time..diet is just as important as exercise. Focus on the FORM in each movement..some movements its easy to "cheat"..and think youre doing it when youre really not..:)

AND..are you going by the scale or by measurements? take measurements.

Adding-Ive been working out for almost a year and STILL have a teeny bit of pudge to loose in my belly..that is one of the last places alot of people loose.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    I think no matter what both are great solid programs if you stick with them, shouldn't matter which you do first, though I agree 30DS seems to be the popular choice by far. All her workouts are very circuit oriented and work the whole body in the end. No matter what give it all you've got and eat well at a slight deficit and you will see good results.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    I honestly just prefer the Ripped in 30 layout more than the Shred. On 30 day shred you do a full minute of one move for cardio and then move on to the 2nd move for a minute, on RI30 you only do the first move for 30 seconds the 2nd move 30 seconds and then start at the first for another round making it 2 minutes. I prefer the change at 30 seconds versus the full minute and then change. I have seen results from both, but because I liked RI30 more I was more apt to stick with it and push myself more.

Edited to say they are both only $10 so complete one and then the other and then mix it up with the 2 until your wedding. You should have plenty of time. I also had a kiddo, but 3 years ago, and I did slim down in all the places you were talking about doing both of these videos. I have since gone back up in weight but that is because I was eating like crap, not tracking and not working out. I can tell a huge difference in my workouts and results from these videos when I eat better than not so diet is definitely something to put thought into. You may be staying within your calorie goals by limiting your portion on a ton of junk, but you may not get enough nutrition that you need to have the energy to power through these workouts and do the moves correctly.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Why don't you just watch the video from youtube for 30 Day Shred.

30 Day Shred has a lot of cardio activities or more like - lots of jumping whereas Ripped in 30 feels more like toning muscles and/or strength training.

I don't know which loses more weight because I upped my dumbbells with Ripped in 30. But, 30DS is really a very good STARTER. I would've lose more if I used the same dumb bells that I am using now.
  • dimand209
    dimand209 Posts: 2
    I'm on my first week of starting any JM DVD's and I did day 1 and 2 of 30 day shred but I found it too easy so I tried ripped in 30 which I like much better and already I have lost half an inch off my waist and feel my arms becoming more muscular - I ma now alternating the two for a month - in addition to running and elliptical in hopes of getting rid of that last lower belly buldge!