Low Carb Breakfasts?

Options
Does anyone have any low carb breakfast ideas or recipes? I cannot have eggs and many low carb breakfast recipes involve eggs.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• martyleach1
    martyleach1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    GREEK YOGURT WITH FRUIT OR OATMEAL WITH ALMONDS...Marty L.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Cheese, meat, nuts, plain greek yogurt, or a balanced diet.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Chicken and almonds / nuts, ultimate anabolic breakfast, bacon, normal fry up without the eggs amd tne beans / toasts or maybe some bacon with a side of bacon!?
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    3 Egg Whites and slice of P28 Bread.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    GREEK YOGURT WITH FRUIT OR OATMEAL WITH ALMONDS...Marty L.

Fruits amd oatmeal to someone asking low carb ideas?
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find that too.

I was trying almonds but it's a no go for me, I get hungry soon after (which is common to all meals involving high fat food).

Perhaps some kind of quinoa or bean based thing?
  • MadCountyMama
    MadCountyMama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been making egg whites (3/4cup) w/ some Jennie-O Turkey kielbasa (2 oz). Low carb, high protein - love it on the days I run. It works the best for me when I have a big workout day.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    breakfast doesn't have to be traditional breakfast foods... there was a while when I was having a stirfry of spinach, chicken chunks, and mushrooms for breakfast. And to second the person who said quinoa... there are some tasty quinoa porridge recipes around too! :)
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Steak lol What do you usually have? Are you wanting low carbs for good and bad? there are 2 types of carbs.... You could grate some vegies of you choice with lean ground beef/chicken or turkey and add spices to make a "frittata" type thing. Yogurt isn't really filling as a meal i know lol As others suggested with quinoa and spinach thing is great too. You could also bake some apple slices with a little cinnamon sugar on top and when it comes out of the oven add other low carb fruit like peaches straw/blueberries and dollop of yogurt.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    10% fat greek yoghurt with some nuts, flax or chia seed etc.

Bacon.

What you would eat at any other meal.

Coffee with butter or coconut oil (Google for Bulletproof Coffee)
  • BigGamesJames1
    Options
    cottage cheese with fruit or a protein shake
  • NYGiantsGirl73
    Options
    How about a smoothie with avocado, spinach, blueberries, and unsweetened coconut milk? I would normally use banana, but if you want to go low carb, a avocado would be a good substitute and the fat should be filing.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    3 Egg Whites and slice of P28 Bread.
    She can't eat eggs.
  • vzgregg
    vzgregg Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    there are some yummy protein shakes out there...i like EAS Lean 15...i make it with water and ice cubes and blend it up so it's almost like having a milkshake!

greek yogurt is good...but watch out for the ones that are high in carbs...i've noticed that the ones that are light or low fat greek are higher in protein than carbs...and the regular greek ones are higher in carbs than protein which defeats the purpose for me.

meats...bacon, ham, pork chop...cheese...

maybe black bean & quinoa patty...or any 'veggie burger' type item...morning star makes some good things.

protein bars are hit or miss on taste...and can be somewhat high in carbs along with high in protein.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

Sausage.

Ham.

Milk.

Yogurt.
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Those 100 calorie packs of almonds only have 2 net carbs. You can have that with some baby bel cheese rounds and berries (berries usually have much lower carb values than most fruit, but check on how many you should have for your daily amount), and if you're particularly hungry throw in some sausage or turkey bacon. Soy milk is usually low in net carbs. Sure, it's breakfast a la carte, but it's delicious! :)

edit:

I used to love making salami cream cheese rolls for breakfast and snacks throughout the day. You buy those big pieces of hard salami from the deli, spread a nice layer of cream cheese on a few of them, roll each on up individually so the cream cheese is tucked away inside, and then enjoy! They're delicious and extremely low in carbs :)
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've been making egg whites (3/4cup) w/ some Jennie-O Turkey kielbasa (2 oz). Low carb, high protein - love it on the days I run. It works the best for me when I have a big workout day.

She cannot eat eggs!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Those 100 calorie packs of almonds only have 2 net carbs. You can have that with some baby bel cheese rounds and berries (berries usually have much lower carb values than most fruit, but check on how many you should have for your daily amount), and if you're particularly hungry throw in some sausage or turkey bacon. Soy milk is usually low in net carbs. Sure, it's breakfast a la carte, but it's delicious! :)

edit:

I used to love making salami cream cheese rolls for breakfast and snacks throughout the day. You buy those big pieces of hard salami from the deli, spread a nice layer of cream cheese on a few of them, roll each on up individually so the cream cheese is tucked away inside, and then enjoy! They're delicious and extremely low in carbs :)

That does sound good! And EASY!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love my greek yogurt in the AM. On workout days, I will add some nuts in as well.
  • TheWeightOfFood
    TheWeightOfFood Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm really big on SMOOTHIES lately. This morning was

100g silken tofu
    1c. frozen berries
    1c. spinach
    1c. almond milk
    A few TB yoghurt

<200 calories, 22g carbs, 9g protein, 10g sugar.

If you eat small, frequent meals, then this makes a great breakfast! If you only eat 3x/d then you'll need to add some almond/coconut flour pancakes or a few slices of chicken/tofu. Protein!