Ladies, how much does your weigh fluctuate before that TOM?

Options
2»

Replies

• bunnypanther
    bunnypanther Posts: 110
    Options
    As much as 7lb when the curse of the crimson tide strikes!! :(
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Mine doesn't fluctuate at all. I weigh in once a week and I see no noticeable difference on period week compared to the other weeks. However, plenty of women do experience water retention during their period. It's normal.

Am I the only one that's sick of all this 'TOM' crap? It's called a period, a menstrual cycle, bleeding from your vagina - these aren't bad words, so there's no need to hide behind initials.

TOM is quicker to type than 'menstrual cycle' and 'bleeding from your vagina'. Being a lazy girl, I'll stick with TOM. :flowerforyou:

OP: My weight fluctuates and/or stalls each month as well. Sometimes I go up as much as 5 pounds, but usually its only one or two pounds.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I've been 2 pounds up every time like clockwork, as early as a week and a half before it starts and up to 4 or 5 days into my period. :-/ But it always goes away, os that's a plus. :) I use it as motivation to kick extra butt during my workouts.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I actually experience my biggest loss of the month in the week leading up to my period. Once I actually start bleeding though, it stalls totally (but doesn't go up). I start to see a slow loss again well after my period. So I guess I retain water a bit DURING (not before).
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Between 5-7 lbs. Makes me feel like a whale or a blimpie.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    2-5 pounds each and every month.....UGH!!!!!
  • dutchi2010
    dutchi2010 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! The week before my cycle I gain 2-4 pounds. The week of my cycle I lose my expected one pound a week.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    7 lbs last time and it stayed on for almost 10 days!
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any weight changes thus far. But that's probably because I weigh in so infrequently. I do, however, feel really bloated.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I either stall or "gain" up to 5lbs. I normally have a dramatic loss a few days after all is said and done. I only log my weight here when there is a loss. So I can go 2 weeks with gain/no change because of TOM fluctuations.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I either stall or gain 5-10 lbs right before and during. Last few months it seems to just stay after for about a week. Then I have a big loss and all is well. I feel bloated and my pants get tighter which to me is worse than the scale. I'm hoping this month with the walking and the water drinking it won't be so bad.
  • iWorkout4Vino
    iWorkout4Vino Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I usually gain at least 2lbs if not more but love getting on the scales a few days afterwards when it's all gone again!
  • sadiebea25
    sadiebea25 Posts: 72
    Options
    I won't even get on the scale around that time, I go up at leas 5 lbs.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't fluctuate at all. I weigh in once a week and I see no noticeable difference on period week compared to the other weeks. However, plenty of women do experience water retention during their period. It's normal.

Am I the only one that's sick of all this 'TOM' crap? It's called a period, a menstrual cycle, bleeding from your vagina - these aren't bad words, so there's no need to hide behind initials.

TOM is quicker to type than 'menstrual cycle' and 'bleeding from your vagina'. Being a lazy girl, I'll stick with TOM. :flowerforyou:

OP: My weight fluctuates and/or stalls each month as well. Sometimes I go up as much as 5 pounds, but usually its only one or two pounds.

Pretty sure the half a second longer it takes to type "period" instead of "TOM" is pretty insignificant in the long run. It's just clearly a way to not say "period"....and for what reason, I'm not sure. Next we'll be saying "private parts." We're adults, let's use adult words.
  • alpacapunch1989
    Options
    Between the water retention, bloat, and insane cravings, I typically just avoid the scale entirely for the week til it's over.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Pretty sure the half a second longer it takes to type "period" instead of "TOM" is pretty insignificant in the long run. It's just clearly a way to not say "period"....and for what reason, I'm not sure. Next we'll be saying "private parts." We're adults, let's use adult words.
    You define adult words your way, I'll define them mine. cheers!