LOVE HANDLES!!!

Options
can someone PLEASE tell me whats the best excercise for shrinking love handles???? I need that help the most!!!

Replies

• Rhammond8
    Options
    LOL, DITTO!! I'm with ya girl!
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    RPM or Spin classes great for hips and legs :-)
    or just a bike ride!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to do is so easy, just stand with hips shoulder width apart and lean straight to one side, try your hardest to touch your left fingers directly under the left side of your left knee, then slowly return to straight, do about 10 to 15 and then switch to the right side. It doesn't feel like you are doing much but the next day you will be sore. I try to do this throughout a whole 30 minute t.v. show. you can even add weights and lift the opposite arm or use resistance bands....
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm with Shauna. I hold 5 lb dumbbells and bend my side and arc my arm in like, a bendy "l"... do about 20 reps. It "feels" easy but you will be SORE the next day! :happy: And I swear they work. Also, you can't necessarily "spot reduce", just do cardio to burn fat and lift weights to build muscle & burn fat.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    The only way to get rid of love handles is to lose weight. Fat comes off the body fairly uniformly and there's no way to target certain areas for fat reduction. You can certainly do exercises that will tone your obliques, but I don't think lack of tone is what causes most of our cases of love handles. Kick up the cardio and they'll come off :)
  • MrX8503
    MrX8503 Posts: 67
    Options
    Considering its much more difficult it is to lose love handles than fat anywhere else, it requires extra effort put forth in dieting/exercising. You have to have a low body fat % to get rid of them.

As for exercises to get rid of love handles, you want to aim for exercises that give you a twist motion. You also want to focus on doing workouts that strengthen your lower back.

In a standing position do alternating kick backs. This is a great way to strengthen these areas.
  • Rhammond8
    Options
    UGGGH, ICK! So, my love handles mean I have a high body fat percentage, huh? BOOO! lol. I was hoping there was some magical workout or food that would melt them off of me :) grrr. Guess I'll just keep the cardio going and hope for the best! Thanks guys.
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    The only way to get rid of love handles is to lose weight. Fat comes off the body fairly uniformly and there's no way to target certain areas for fat reduction. You can certainly do exercises that will tone your obliques, but I don't think lack of tone is what causes most of our cases of love handles. Kick up the cardio and they'll come off :)

Yuuuup.

It doesn't necessarily mean you have a "high" body fat percentage though, it just means that is where your body stores its fat. I have love handles anywhere from 10-20% bodyfat, haha. :laugh:
  • mattjolsen
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Clean diet + exercise = caloric deficit = fat loss