A little confusion

Hi there,

I am sorry if this post seems stupid but I have been reading about 'why am I not losing weight' and seeing all the replies saying about calorie deficit. Can someone please let me know that if my BMR is 1815 then should I have a net calorie of 1815 or just intake 1815? Sorry if I seem a bit simple but I am new to this and struggling to lose weight. I joined so hopefully I could find the help I need as 2 months on just a personal trainer and I am not losing lbs - I have gained despite my shape changing and having a very high BMI (35). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• swinnie239
    swinnie239 Posts: 423 Member
    Your BMR is your baseline. Even if you were sleeping or laying down all day, you would burn that much.

That is your net minimum.

Now some people on this site eat back their exercise calories, some do not. That's up to you. Some eat back 1/2 as MFP overestimates the calories. I personally vary, sometimes I eat half back, sometimes I don't. On cheat days, I eat all the exercise back, but try to not go over that number.

It's a personal preference thing.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    FYI, it's against community guidelines to post the same thread twice. Please be careful with this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1303471-a-little-confused