What is your favorite snack to get you thru the day?

Options

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I have the same afternoon snack every day M-F at around 3PM. A Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt, light string cheese, and a hard-boiled egg. Yummy protein awesomeness.
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My trainer has told me I must have two snacks each day... something about not going too long without eating... I have been eating fruits and veggies for my snacks. Plums are just 35 calories... carrot sticks are really good also... or I may grab a protein bar.. Special K has a really yummy dark chocolate granola one that is just 110 calories...
  • 66MaryTatum
    66MaryTatum Posts: 12
    Options
    My favorite just before dinner is dried mangoes. They are sweet and chewy, just enough to keep me from tasting while I'm cooking.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of hardboiled eggs, bananas, strawberries and Greek yogurt (not all that at once lol)
  • lisxoox
    lisxoox Posts: 12
    Options
    I often go With a mix of walnuts and dried cranberries! Sweet and yummie :)
    Or if I need something more filling I'll have a questbar, love them!
  • quatermore
    quatermore Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg
    pop secret 100 calorie popcorn
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    String cheese, Fage yogurt, crackers and cheese with fruit. Mmm.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I snack 2 or 3 times a day. I am relearning to eat the "right" portions, and small, often "mini meals" works well for me during the day. Depending on my nutritional or hunger needs, I've been grabbing a 1/2 c Greek yogurt or beans (I totally made an enormous batch this week, gotta eat 'em up, lol). If I need something "substantial" and sweet, I make a giant "iced coffee": one Slim Fast shake (I have a bunch hanging around), ice and cold coffee. Blend and enjoy. I concur that almonds would never "work" for me. Stopping at 10 nuts won't cut it for me (for now).
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    About 3/4cup of Oikos Vanilla Greek yogurt mixed with a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter. I could live on the stuff.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    About 3/4cup of Oikos Vanilla Greek yogurt mixed with a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter. I could live on the stuff.

Ive tried most brands of Greek Yogurt and actually like Oikos the most ive found.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    1 oz of goat cheese with bagel chips or some other type of cracker

Green Mountain Salsa or Pain Is Good Salsa w/ a serving of On the Border Tortilla chips

Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt

Those are the snacks that seem to be at the top of my frequent list....well those and my Dove Promises... :laugh:
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Figs, dates, and cheese seem to work well. Sometimes I need the protein from the cheese and other times its the fiber from the dried fruit.
  • spsanderson
    spsanderson Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi Bars
  • GracieGag
    GracieGag Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My morning snack is always a yogurt and in the afternoon a fresh fruit. At night a weight watchers icecream or dessert.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Pop-up bowl popcorn. One a day keeps anger at bay
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Always fruit and cheese or grape tomatoes and cheese.

The baby bells are what I usually buy. Portable and not messy.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    blue diamond wasabi soy almonds..........mmmmmmmmm
  • pythonsweb
    pythonsweb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    3 musketeers bar... wait that what im NOT supposed to do anymore.. lol homemade turkey jerky, activia yogurt, almonds, cheerios, homemade banana chips
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Apples. Almond butter.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Reduced fat wheat thins (I buy a box then portion them out into baggies)
    Baby carrots
    Low Fat String Cheese
    Apple & peanut butter (portioned out peanut butter)
    Light Yogurt, my favorite is the Yoplait Light Key Lime Pie....so tasty