I usually quit right around now...

Options
Ugh. I've had two awful days in a row. Well, one awful yesterday and one awful morning this morning. (Strictly in regards to my diet!)
In addition, I've hit yet another plateau and haven't seen but an ounce come off in about a month. (Am I the only one who loses in spurts and then plateaus for a while?! ERGH!!!)
I usually get frustrated and quit at this point...but NOT this time.
I've lost 20 pounds since August and I'm NOT going to give up. It's a slow process, but I am reminding myself that if I give up again, (as I have a half dozen times since August!), it will only take longer!!!
Despite the bad morning, I will still attempt to finish my day strongly. I will eat healthier tomorrow. I will continue to do what I know is best for my body and I will continue to weigh myself because I know that SOON that number will budge.
Thanks for listening!
:D

Replies

• CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You Can Do It!
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! Tomorrow is another day and you will do better :) Just let it go and move on.
  • nejohn
    nejohn Posts: 62
    Options
    Don't quit! Tomorrow is a new day! :))
  • manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You have already won the battle by realizing that you need to stay on track. I am so proud of you. Isn't that funny, being proud of a total stranger. I love this website!!! Friend me if you wish!!
  • xoxchristeexox
    Options
    I am so proud of you and your great attitude! :D
    You've got this, don't give up.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!

Don't quit it will be better tomorrow... heck you can still do better TODAY!
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This was really inspiring.
    I'm trying to lose just over 20 pounds on and off for years. It is this time right now, and your determination that will pull you through this time.
    Take it one day at a time
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I know that for me (and I've heard a lot of other people) that a day of higher than normal calorie intake can really help kick you off the plateau. I think it's that way for everyone. Not to mention, as we see the weight falling, we tend to be less strict and pick up a few pretzels here and a bite of our friends cheesecake!

Keep your head up, tomorrow is another day. No one is saying that the weight has to come off fast. You're doing this to be healthy and live a stronger, smarter, longer life. Forget the scale, it's about more than that!
  • Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    the quote on my page says that every journey begins w/ a single step! so you faltered no harm no foul.... you can do this all of us here believe in you! Have a best rest of the day possible increse your cardio if you can and it will be a wash... :smile:
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Stick with it. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Get right back on board. NOW. At your very next meal, turn it around. Then go for a walk today. Don't hold a grudge against yourself, just do as well as you can, and keep at it, and you will soon see amazing results!
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job!! I believe we all have bad days, just start all over again. Don't quit!!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!!! I feel the same way sometimes but I remind myself (like you do) that if I quit now I will likely put back on the 50lbs I have lost plus more and I refuse to get to that weight ever again no matter on long the loss takes!
  • Loribell23
    Options
    You can fix things with your next meal. Don't stree about it and get back on the wagon. I love your attitude!!! :happy:
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and just take it one day at a time! You're allowed to have bad days. Do well tomorrow and give yourself a nice pat on the back!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You can do this! We're here for you. Plus if you anything like me, once you stop you will gain all the weight back plus a little more.... then you'd have to start all over. I snuck a peek at your profile page and you've logged in for 10+ days in a row and several of them you were working out and under your calorie goal for the day. You're doing this! Don't let a few bad days throw you off.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The last month my weight loss became more stubborn. But you know what? The alternative is to quit and then get bigger again. Hold your weight, this is also success --not gaining. When it's time more will come off. Even if it takes a month, it will come off.
  • Svmolina
    Options
    No sweetheart.....I know many posts encourage you to look onto tomorrow but instead, I encourage you to look onto today. So you messed up for a meal....who cares!!!!!!!!!!!! Forget about that meal and pick up where you left off. I learned today to make small goals for the day. To stop thinking about goals for tomorrow, or the next day, week, month but instead, to look at today. It's easier that way. So look at today and tell yourself, "my goal for TODAY is to forget that I had a horrible breakfast and/or lunch...and have a sensible/healthy dinner. You can even add a few minutes of excersise....what ever. If you do that things will be much easier and you will never quit. A sincere advice that has worked for me today.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above - start today. You'll feel so much better in the morning!

Discipline is remembering what you want MOST not what you want NOW.

You got this, Chica!
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! I seriously did not expect such an amazing response!
    I had just needed to vent and figured if I put it out there I would feel better!
    But each of your responses were so wonderful, and so uplifting! Now I feel way more empowered, inspired, and motivated than I could have ever envisioned!
    Thank you! Thank you!! THANK YOU!!!!