Logging Sushi Calories

Options
nvpixie
nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
Today my friend and I are going out for all-you-can-eat sushi. I know I'm going to go over in calories, and I'm not worried about it. However, I'd still like to log it.

I've tried looking up a few of their rolls, based on name of roll and/or ingredients, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding a match. Most of the rolls I eat are not fried, but I do sometimes order rolls with tempura shrimp, etc. Some of the rolls have sauces that I figure add a lot to the calories.

So, getting to my question: For those of you who go out for sushi, and you can't find a match for the nutrition online, how do you go about logging it? I'd rather try to get it as close as possible rather than just putting in a quick add for calories because I did that yesterday for lunch, and I don't want to get in the habit of it.

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    maybe log them as quick add calories???

That would be what I would do
  • nvpixie
    Options

That will be a last resort for me because I did that yesterday and I don't want to get in the habit of approximating. I don't doubt this will be about a 1000 calorie lunch.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

That will be a last resort for me because I did that yesterday and I don't want to get in the habit of approximating. I don't doubt this will be about a 1000 calorie lunch.

Agreed.
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I try to find a roll close to what I ate. I look at a few of them and then pick one that matches the average.
  • nvpixie
    Options
    I try to find a roll close to what I ate. I look at a few of them and then pick one that matches the average.

That's a good idea. I'm probably going to go with something like that.

I'm getting very excited for sushi in an hour...lol