pre-workout snack help!!!

Options
i am one of those people that have to eat something before an intense exercise 30 minutes before so i can really perform my best - i actually think its half psychological that i know iv'e eaten something to have energy for my workout. for example, today in the morning i had 2 organic wholegrain spelt crackers with 20g organic peanut butter and 1 medium organic apple sliced inside but this is 328 calories and as im trying to reduce my calorie intake, this seamed like the one to stand out and cut a little.

does anyone have any super heathy pre-workout snack ideas under 300 calories

Replies

• 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    anyone???
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i am one of those people that have to eat something before an intense exercise 30 minutes before so i can really perform my best - i actually think its half psychological that i know iv'e eaten something to have energy for my workout. for example, today in the morning i had 2 organic wholegrain spelt crackers with 20g organic peanut butter and 1 medium organic apple sliced inside but this is 328 calories and as im trying to reduce my calorie intake, this seamed like the one to stand out and cut a little.

does anyone have any super heathy pre-workout snack ideas under 300 calories

A few handfuls of sour patch kids is my go to
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I eat a Quest bar before I lift. Cottage cheese or Greek yogurt would also be good. My husband likes to eat a piece of toast with peanut butter and sliced banana on it before going to the gym. A protein shake would also work, especially if you add some carbs (banana, etc.) to it.
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bananas are great.
  • Cinbeth
    Cinbeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love Boars Head turkey wrapped up in romaine lettuce leaves with some spicy mustard
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'm a banana/toast person if I have to eat before a workout.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese, yogurt or PB off the spoon!