YOGIS ANONYMOUS

Options

Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mornin' Gang!

I really love this thread...thanks Sparkles! Sparkles, your core looks beautiful!

Thanks Marywilldiet for breaking down the different styles of Yoga for us...I'm practicing Vinyasa.

So many of you love Rodney Yee! I'll have to check him out...if his voice is hypnotic, I'll love him too.

Emtink! I love your new picture! I'm new to Yoga too, introduced via bellydance, just like you...currently practicing Vinyasa Flow with Rainbeau Mars...and like Vivia Kay said, Rachel Brice has a practice companion DVD and I have it and love it...she goes through yoga routines and drills bellydance moves...love it, love it!

I sweat Viviakay...every session...especially when I practice with Rachel Brice!

Iluvsparkles also mentioned that if we like Yoga that we would probably like Mat Pilates...and I do...I love Mari Winsor's 1st issue of DVDs...no extra props, just the floor and your body!

I've been off line and off my healthy life for the past week...had my boyfriend's mother, nieces and daughter visiting...they don't eat anything but junk and I feel so sick and unhealthy right now...I couldn't resist the temptation of so many sweets in the house...I'm like an alcoholic when it comes to sweets, I can't have them in the house or I will end up giving in to temptation...I still make my boyfriend keep his sweet treats in his work truck.

Today is the 1st day of the rest of my life...feel emotionally better all ready...fruit and yogurt for breakfast...this thread was the first one I saw when I checked my topics this morning and I have to thank you all for being here and motivating me.

I just Love You Guys!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm like an alcoholic when it comes to sweets, I can't have them in the house or I will end up giving in to temptation...I

This is me to a T!!! I am a sweet-aholic for sure, and if its near, I'll end up eating. Especially cake. I can never turn down cake.
    thats one of the reasons ive been going so nuts on my cardio lately, i cant give up my sweet tea! (im from NC, and we make a new gallon of sweet tea at my house every day!)
  • pussycatsandtoast
    Options
    Okay, I'm Steph and I was just introduced to the glorious world of yoga. I love it!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    welcome to our little group!!!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have missed being on MFP for about a week now, and I have had horible results. I didn't realize that just checking things out and tracking was making that much difference. But I am back.
    I have a question, the gym we go to has Centergy, based on yoga and pilates. We have one great teacher, she is moving to Austraila in about 3 weeks, we have one that when we see coming we just want to leave, she is so scattered, and we are going to have 2 new ones. My question is, what are some good dvd's to do at home and are they as motivating as someone in front of you? Because if that one teacher is all we have left, my yoga days I am afraid may come to an end soon. Please, I need some advise on this.
    Rhonda
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have missed being on MFP for about a week now, and I have had horible results. I didn't realize that just checking things out and tracking was making that much difference. But I am back.
    I have a question, the gym we go to has Centergy, based on yoga and pilates. We have one great teacher, she is moving to Austraila in about 3 weeks, we have one that when we see coming we just want to leave, she is so scattered, and we are going to have 2 new ones. My question is, what are some good dvd's to do at home and are they as motivating as someone in front of you? Because if that one teacher is all we have left, my yoga days I am afraid may come to an end soon. Please, I need some advise on this.
    Rhonda

Most people, myself included, love the Rodney Yee DVDs.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Rhonda

Most people, myself included, love the Rodney Yee DVDs.

Me, too! :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Greetings Yogis! Just wanted to check in...will be back regularly this coming Monday.

How is everyone? What's the latest & greatest?
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Greetings!

Just worked the Pure Tranquility DVD with Rainbeau Mars...it was sending down roots...stretching, opening up more space and releasing the negative...it is her pre-meditation opening...Like James Brown...I feel good!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    hiii all!

i just wanted to check in and say hello!
    Pilates has been going well lately for me, i can feel myself getting stronger and more centered which i just love.

i also recommend using a balance ball as a desk chair if you sit at a desk long term... I may have mentioned that before, but i just wanted to suggest it again.. because i love love mine, my back pain is gone and my core feels much stronger, not to mention you can do small exercises on it all day long!

anyway..back to work i go, i just wanted to say hi!
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Greetings to you too Sparkles! I love your current profile picture!
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i should be getting my first yoga dvd tomorrow from netflix! i am so excited, especially since i've been having weird back and leg pain.
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Hi Everybody!

Sparkles...are you still practicing yoga or concentrating on the pilates? I read that pilates evolved from yoga...I would imagine that you're combining the two...I love your new photo...you look great!

Hey EM...would love to hear about your Yoga DVD!

Sorry to hear about the weird back and leg pain...Nadirah gets the same thing when she performs alot and doesn't stretch out when she gets home...she said she doesn't have a problem unless she slacks off on stretching...hope that's all it is for you too!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Just finished my yoga class for today. Aaaaah, so peaceful and stretched and TIRED. My thighs are about to give out on my now :laugh:

I :heart: YOGA
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Just finished my yoga class for today. Aaaaah, so peaceful and stretched and TIRED. My thighs are about to give out on my now :laugh:

I :heart: YOGA

I'm happy for you! Sounds like a pure power session!

I love Yoga too!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    so i am way excited!

My pilates instructor had another job offer..and i had really grown to love her, so that was sad, BUT

the new instructor taking over is the gal who also teaches my zumba class...so at this point i feel like i have a personal trainer!!!
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Sparkles...that's wonderful!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just got back from bikram. I have a delicious case of "yoga brain". I feel sedated. :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Just got back from bikram. I have a delicious case of "yoga brain". I feel sedated. :flowerforyou:

You're a "Hottie"!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    lol , yoga brain. I totally know what you mean! Sometimes i wonder if i should even be driving home from class or not..all bleary eyed!