75 lbs down!

Options
weezgrrl
weezgrrl Posts: 26 Member
I felt like bragging a bit - this Tuesday I weighed in at my dietician's office at 196.0 lbs, down 70 lbs exactly from when I started with her last September, and over 75 lbs down overall since I started working on my weight last August. I posted a vlog about it on youtube, which you can see here: http://t.co/swN5SiLCK5

Hope you'll check it out - I have videos all the way from when I started on the program, so it's been pretty neat to be able to go back and look at how my appearance, attitude, and energy have all changed since then. If you're just getting started, I HIGHLY recommend vlogging. It can be really rewarding! If you're not into recording yourself, I've found having a blog has been really motivating as well. If you're interested, you can check mine out at www.julieloses.com.

When I started I had been recovering from a pretty difficult spell of depression, was nearly completely sedentary, and lived off delivery pizza, take-away/fast food, and ice cream. I knew something had to change as I was starting to really feel the effects of my unhealthy lifestyle. I found myself out of breath from just getting out of a chair and walking (more like waddling) down the hallway. The idea of taking hold of myself and starting to workout regularly and prepare healthy meals seemed too overwhelming. Too difficult. But clearly it was time, as I'm now well on the road to getting to a healthy weight, and my strength and fitness have skyrocketed. I'm now full of energy, much more confident, and regularly enjoy outdoor adventures that I merely wistfully dreamed about prior. If you click through to the Youtube link above you can see some of my adventure diaries there, as well. Exciting times, folks, and really, if I can do it, you can ABSOLUTELY do it too! Here's to a long, fun, healthy life for us all!!

Replies

• allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That is definitely exciting. Great work!
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Best thing anyone can do .... to really press the buttons of those around us who kind of gloat and like to see us sad and fat....... is to get really healthy and gorgeous.......!!! Ha!! :flowerforyou:
  • nicoleb0508
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for the motivating post. I'm excited to check out your vlog. I'm new to trying to lose weight on this site --- sounds like I'm alot like where you were in August. Best of luck on your continued journey.
  • rubbie78
    rubbie78 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome! congrats!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Congrats on your success!
  • accebersmith
    accebersmith Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so proud of your hard work!
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • dcchrisc
    dcchrisc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • weezgrrl
    weezgrrl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone!
  • StilletoPumps0110
    Options
    Congrats! !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!